Give your taste buds all the Fall feels with this quick and easy 10-Minute Fall Harvest Bowl.
It’s finally starting to get a little cooler here in Austin, at least in the mornings. I’ve been holding on to the ever-so-slightly crisp AM mornings and calling Fall! No take-backs, Mama Nature.
As such, I’ve been diving right into Fall foods and flavors (have you met the easiest pumpkin butter you’ll ever make?), and today’s recipe is no exception.
I wanted to take advantage of Fall produce by creating a dish that mixed all their deliciousness into one. The end result is a take on my plant power bowl, but for Fall (and with meat, though it can easily be made meatless).
Squash, beets, brussels–need I say more? Not really, but I will! I added quinoa to this bowl to give it a punch of protein and fiber, and for even more protein I tossed in some roasted lemon and garlic pork loin. The flavor combo is MWAH, perfection.
“So, Nicole,” you say, “if you have roasted pork loin and roasted veggies, how can this possibly take 10 minutes to make?”
Good question, my fit & focused friend! Good question, indeed.
You see, while I usually take the time to roast all my veggies and things myself, Will and I are in the process of moving. Seventy-five percent of our kitchen is currently at the new house, so I’m creating new dishes with minimal equipment. I also don’t have too much time with the craze of the move, so everything needs to be stupid simple. That means I went to Trader Joe’s and found a bunch of pre-roasted or steam-in-a-bag things to make this Harvest Bowl come together in a jiffy. Trader Joe’s is awesome like that.
I got butternut squash that can be cooked in the microwave in five minutes. I got pre-roasted golden beets. I got already shaved brussels sprouts. I got a pre-marinated pork loin that just had to get plopped in the oven (I cooked it the day before), and I cooked my quinoa in the microwave instead of on the stove.
Cook it all up in ten minutes, throw it in a bowl, top it off with a little dressing (I just used plain balsamic) and eat up! Easy. Peasy. And delicious.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 golden beet, roasted and sliced
- 1 steam bag of cubed butternut squash (you can find them at Trader Joe's)
- 1 bag shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 lb protein of choice, roasted and sliced(I used lemon garlic pork loin)
- optional: balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- Add quinoa and 1 cup of water to a microwave safe bowl. Cover loosely with a lid or plate.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove, fluff with a fork and let sit while you cook your butternut squash.
- Cut off the corner of your bag and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- Place 1/4 of the quinoa, 1/4 of the beet, 1/4 of your squash, a small handful of shaved brussels, and 1/4 lb of your protein in a bowl. Repeat for three more bowls or save for leftovers.
- Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
What are you favorite Fall flavors?