Celebrate National Fig Newton Day by whipping up one or all of these 17 delicious recipes using figs!
Happy Monday, ya’ll (yep, I think that’s my first official ya’ll)! I’m writing this while wiping tears from my eyes because my beloved Cowboys lost last night. It was a down-to-the -wire game as many of my boys’ games are, and it was a heart-breaker. I guess there’s always next year. I’ll still be hosting our annual Super Bowl party and whipping up this Slow Cooker Hearty Beef Chili, though, so I guess I have that to look forward to.
Did you know today is National Fig Newton Day. Yea, I didn’t know that was a thing, but it is! Fig Newtons were actually one of my favorite kinds of cookies as a kid. I’m a weirdo. I know, but come on. They totally deserve their own day! I can’t eat the normal Fig Newtons anymore, but to celebrate this great cookie’s day, I thought it’d be fun to round up some fig recipes from some of my fellow food bloggers. Let’s see what’s up.
1. Homemade Raw Fig Newton Bars from Fit Living Eats
2. Chocolate Olive Fig Cake from Nutrition a la Natalie
3. Balsamic Roasted Fig & Yogurt Parfait from The Foodie Physician
4. Fluffy Fig Scones from Sprint 2 The Table
5. Raw Raspberry Fig Chia Jam from Strength and Sunshine
6. Spiced Fig Gluten Free Granola from The Fit Foodie Mama
7. Olive Oil Cupcakes with Buttercream and Fresh Figs from Hungry By Nature
8. Honey Balsamic Zucchini Noodles with Figs & Crispy Prosciutto from My Uncommon Everyday
9. No Bake Pecan Fig Granola Bars with Coconut Glaze from Athletic Avocado
10. Vanilla Fig Cashew Milk from Athletic Avocado
11. Oatmeal Fig Cookies from Courtney’s Cookbook
12. Fig, Ricotta & Almond Pizza from Nutrition Starring You
13. Honey Orange Glazed Figs from Nutrition Starring You
14. Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Figs from Take A Bite Blog
15. Crispy Prosciutto Fig & Butternut Squash Salad from Eat The Gains
16. Fig & Almond Snacking Cake from Thyme and Toast
17. Strawberry Fig & Almond Butter Smoothie from Take a Bite Blog
Don’t these recipes look divine? I know you want to make them all, so pin the image below to remind yourself to make them later!
Ok, I’m off to do some figgy cooking!
Fig Newtons – yay or yay?
Which recipe will you try first?
This post is linked up with Meatless Mondays.