These 3 Ingredient Iced Coffee Popsicles give you the afternoon pick-me-up (or breakfast boost) you need to get through the hottest of days.
This post is sponsored by NOW Foods.
Well, folks, summer has arrived. I was wondering how it could be summer already, but then I realize all the days blend and the definition of seasons doesn’t exist when you live indoors 24/7.
In all honesty, I’ve been trying to get outdoors as much as possible while maintaining a safe social distance from others. I go for runs outside. I take Moose and Kevin for walks, and Will and I sit outside for happy hour whenever the mosquitoes maintain their social distance from us. We’re trying to take advantage of every nice day we get until Texas decides to turn into the humid-fest sweatbox that is July and August, but May wasn’t the most cooperative. We had thunderstorms every other day (at least that’s what it seems like, but what are days anymore?).
Don’t get me wrong. I love a good thunderstorm from time to time, but they make me want to cozy up in bed with a book. That’s a problem when it’s the middle of a workday. On dreary days (or super hot days or just any day for that matter), I tend to need a little afternoon caffeine jolt to boost both my mood and my productivity. I could simply make myself a cup of coffee, but where’s the fun in that? Instead, I decided to give my afternoon pick-me-up a makeover with these 3 Ingredient Iced Coffee Popsicles.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE ICED COFFEE POPSICLES?
You need iced coffee (shocker), milk (I used unsweetened almond milk), and the sweetener of your choice. I used Now Foods Organic Grade A Maple Syrup because one, I prefer natural sweeteners over the fake stuff and two, it’s damn delicious.
If you’d like to spice your popsicles up a bit, you can add cacao nibs or a chocolate drizzle (details in the recipe below). You can find my favorite maple syrup and everything you need to make those extras on Now Food’s website.
RECEIVE $10 OFF YOUR NOWFOODS.COM PURCHASE OF $40 OR MORE (BEFORE TAXES AND SHIPPING) USING CODE NICOLENOW10 AT CHECKOUT.*
HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE POPSICLES?
You’ll have to plan a little bit. I made a few extra cups of coffee one morning, let them cool off, and then placed them in the fridge to chill overnight. The next day, I had nice, chilled coffee to make iced coffee popsicles.
Once you have your iced coffee, these delicious caffeine jolts are a breeze to make. Simply combine the coffee, milk, and maple syrup in a blender and blend until combined. Pour them into popsicle molds, get your popsicle sticks in place, and freeze them overnight.
The next afternoon when you feel the afternoon slump coming, grab one and enjoy the treat of a popsicle and more energy flowing through your veins.
While I love these as an afternoon snack, they also make a great sweet breakfast treat or a unique take on post-dinner coffee.
- 2 cups coffee, chilled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)*
- 3 Tbsp Now Foods Organic Maple Syrup
- optional crunch: 3 tsp Now Foods Cacao Nibs
- optional chocolate drizzle: 1 Tbsp Now Foods Liquid Coconut Oil, 1/2 Tbsp Now Foods Cocoa Powder, 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Combine coffee, milk and maple syrup in a blender and blend to combine.
- If using, place 1/2 tsp of cacao nibs in the bottom of each popsicle mold.
- Evenly pour the coffee mixture into the molds.
- Place popsicle sticks in each popsicle and freeze overnight.
- To remove, place the mold in a bath of warm water for a few seconds until the popsicle wiggle free.
- Combine coconut oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place popsicles on a chilled, parchment-lined baking sheet, and use a spoon drizzle with the chocolate over them.
- Enjoy immediately or store in a flat, parchment-lined container in the freezer.
*Feel free to add more milk or maple syrup if you like your coffee creamier or sweeter.
When would you enjoy these iced coffee popsicles?
What flavor should I make next?