The sun’s out. The weather’s warm. Here are 34 fun ways to stay active this summer.
Give a big, Fit & Fashionable Friday welcome to Anne from Anne Smiles!
I’m Anne, a Sports Science student with a passion for fitness and health, living in Denmark. I spend my free time working out and eating, then writing about it on the internet. I blog at annesmiles.com with a mix of informative and entertaining posts, all with the aim of showing readers that health is not only physical. A healthy lifestyle should bring joy, not extra stress – it’s all about finding your own healthy happy balance!
Now, I live in cold Denmark, so it’s always amazing when summer comes around. The warmth and sunshine is starting to touch nature and it’s so lovely to spend time outside.
I’m loving the warm days and bright evenings. It makes it so wonderful to be outside, and I’ve been making it a habit to go for frequent walks to enjoy it! I’d be running if I could, but my silly knee injury won’t let me for now.
Good thing there’s so many other fun ways to stay active in the summer! I’ve compiled a list with my ideas on how to get moving – because even when you’re on vacation, it’s good to get moving.
Some ideas are way to sneak in a sweat session without even thinking you’re exercising, and others are ways to stay active when it’s just too damn hot!
Here we go:
- Use a playground as your outside gym
- Morning runs before it gets too hot outside
- Tossing frisbees
- Go swimming at the beach
- Bike rides to see news sides of the area you live in
- Go canoeing
- Fitness YouTube videos
- Go for a hike
- Mow the lawn (well maybe not that fun, but somebody has to do it)
- Outdoor yoga – there’s just something special about practising outside
- Sports are usually a fun way to stay active – but does require a group of people
- Go on a nature trail
- Water aerobics
- Beach volley
- Join a running club or group
- Water balloon fights (because you need to stay hydrated?)
- Go to an amusement park – not much time to sit down there
- Rediscover your inner child – remember all the games you used to play?
- Dance the night away
- Try paddle boarding
- Laser tag
- Go to a water park
- Do a mini-triathlon
- Water volleyball
- End your day with a walk (along with someone you care about)
- Water gun battles (why should fun be exclusively for kids?)
- Beach runs – running in the sand is a great way to mix it up
- Jump rope
- Midnight runs/workouts – The temperature is good, and you don’t have to get up early the next day!
- Walk a dog. If you don’t have a dog, steal one. That’s what I’m going to do. Because dogs are the purest, loveliest creatures on this earth
How will you stay active this summer? Let me know in the comments (and of course, join the Fit & Fashionable Friday Link Up!
Lots of love,