This week’s theme: Friends and Family.
More specifically, how you include friends and family into your fitness. Annnnnnd we’re off!
- My Mom – She inspires and motivates me so much. After years of struggling with her weight, she recently lost over 60 pounds and is stronger than ever! I love that we can share workouts and healthy recipes with each other now. I hope you don’t get mad, Mama, but I’m sharing some before and after pics!
- The Boyfriend – My boyfriend and I keep each other motivated. He makes sure I get my butt out of bed in the mornings. In return, I cook him healthy meals and pre-workout snacks, and once in a blue moon I can get him to run with me! Now if only he wanted to do yoga… bahaha not gunna happen.
- Friends – I love having fit friends. I tend to be a solo runner/worker-outter, but every now and then it’s really nice to have a friend. I find running with a friend makes the workout go by so much faster! Plus, if he/she is faster than I am, I have to push myself to keep up. I also have a few vegetarian friends, so I have people to explore new restaurants with.
- My Future Dog – One day, I will have this dog. His name will be Meatball and despite his short stature, he will love to run with me and do doggy yoga.
- My Future Kids – Though this is far in the future (sorry, Mom), I plan to raise my kids with an active, healthy lifestyle. One day, I’ll become one of those miracle parents who runs with a stroller (I am in awe of those people, btw – how do you push that thing up hill? While running? In the cold?!), I’ll cook up fun and healthy kid-friendly recipes, and I’ll somehow finagle a way to get them to crave bananas instead of candy. Ok, that last one might be a stretch, but a gal can dream.
How do friends and family work into your healthy lifestyle?
Speaking of healthy lifestyles, don’t forget to enter to win entry into a Pretty Muddy race of your choice! Plus, check out all the other awesome giveaways going on as part of the Spring Into Fitness Giveaway Blog Hop. There are over 20 giveaways for you to enter! Get to it!