Happy 4th of July!!!! Yippee!! Give me some holiday lovin!
I’m linking up with the love DC Trifecta (Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney) for a festive Friday Five. This week’s theme? July 4th, of course! So here are 5 Things I Love About the 4th! And don’t forget to swing by the link-up to see more July 4th posts!
- Warm weather – July 4th is the first holiday that is pretty much guaranteed to come with warm weather. Sure, Memorial Day marks the unofficial kick off of summer, but it’s usually not swimsuit weather yet (at least not in the north east). I’m excited to spend the weekend outdoors without a jacket, basking in the summer sun (with lots of sunblock, of course!).
- Fireworks – I don’t know what it is about fireworks, but I think they’re magical! They are fun and exciting and colorful and romantic. Le sigh. I’m a huge fan of the all-white ones, especially the ones that burst and then kind of rain down. Stunning.
- Grilling – Is there anything that smells better than a grill? The scent just spells deliciousness. I love how everyone gathers around the grill, chatting, laughing, and cooking, and I love me some grilled veggies! Check out my Fourth of July Recipe Round-Up for some good grilling ideas for the 4th and add your favs to the linkup.
- A Day Off – No work? Okie dokie!
- Red White & Blue everything! – I love seeing all the patriotic colors around and you bet I’m getting in on it. I’ve got my red-white-and-blue outfit, my patriotic nails, and I’m planning on some strawberry and blueberry deliciousness. Let’s do this ‘MERICA!
What do you love about the 4th?
Are you a fireworks fan? What kind are your fav?