Spring is ALMOST here! You wouldn’t know yet from the weather (I’m still sleeping with gloves on. Gloves! That’s not ok), but my calendar tells me that spring is only a few short weeks away! Challenge extended, groundhog.
I’m making it my mission to make the most of spring, especially March (my birth month!), so I thought I’d share my plan for how I plan to spring into spring!
- Focus on Happiness. Happiness is something we all search for but feel we can never get a grasp on. We do little things we think will make us happy, like buying ourselves something nice or taking a job for more money, but happiness is not an object to be obtained. Rather, it’s a state of mind. We have to choose to be happy. So that is my mission for March. Choose to be happy! I don’t think it will be easy, but if I smile more, try to stress less, and take in all the little things in life that are truly amazing, I believe I can do it. Who’s with me?!
- Be more social! It’s time to come out of my winter shell, get back to exploring new places, and see all my friends again! Any of you in NYC want to meet up? Let’s plan a blogger/reader get together!
- Get outdoors. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to be able to go for a nice long walk or short walk or run or bike ride or pogo stick jump outside. Ok, I can’t jump on a pogo stick. I’m pogo stick challenged, but I would try if it brought on nice weather. Can the pogo stick jump be the new rain dance but for warm sunshine? My point is, take advantage of spring weather! Get off the subway or bus a stop early to walk the extra blocks (or park in the furthest spot from the door). If you have a laptop at work, take it outside for a few hours to work. Plan brunch dates at restaurants that have outdoor spaces. Get out there and get yourself some much-needed vitamin D!
- Do a spring-cleaning. Let’s be real. We all have
at leastone closet that we don’t want anyone to go into. It’s our I-don’t-have-a-place-for-it-so-I’ll-just-throw-it-in-here-closet, and before we know it, it’s just a pile of junk! I plan to go through my junk closet (and regular closet, and dresser drawers, and desk) and get rid of anything I haven’t used in the last year. If I haven’t had a use for it in a year, odds are I won’t need it in the future.(Source)
- Change your clocks! It’s daylight savings time, my friends! I’m pumped for sunnier mornings! Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead an hour before you go to bed Saturday night or you’ll be all confused on Sunday.
How do you plan to spring into spring? Anyone with me for the pogo stick jump sun dance?