From simple beauty hacks to delicious kitchen treats, learn about 5 ways to use coconut oil and snag my delightful Cinnamon Bulletproof Coffee recipe!
This post is sponsored by Vita Coco.
Coconut oil has been a staple in both my kitchen and bathroom cabinets for a while now. I was running low on my stash when Vita Coco reached out to me about their new 100% organic, virgin, cold pressed and unrefined coconut oil. Score!
Vita Coco makes my favorite coconut water, so I knew their oil wouldn’t disappoint. They’re slogan is, “Eat it. Wear it. Swear by it,” and that’s exactly what I do! It’s the perfect healthy fat to add to some of my paleo dishes, and it’s a wonder for all my beauty needs. To give you an idea of how versatile this stuff is, I though I’d share my favorite 5 ways to use coconut oil.
- Makeup Remover – My favorite eyeliner is waterproof, which means it’s a b*%ch to get off, but if I put a little coconut oil on a tissue or cotton ball, a little wipe gets that stuff right off!
- Moisturizer – Coconut oil can do wonders for your skin, especially in the winter. I rub a little bit on my hands, elbows and knees to keep my skin smooth. It works well on lips, as well, and it smells delightful!
- Healing Ointment – If I ever get a little cut or get itchy skin, I mix a little lavender essential oil with some melted coconut oil and dab it on. It helps almost instantly!
- Hard Shell Chocolate Sauce – One of my favorite healthy “ice cream” toppings is a hard chocolate shell. I make a healthy version by mixing unsweetened cocoa powder with melted coconut oil and a little maple syrup. When I pour it on top of the cold “ice cream” it solidifies, creating a delicious hard shell like you might get at Dairy Queen.
- Bulletproof Coffee – Since starting my paleo experiment, I’ve been loving making this a part of my routine. During the week, I drink my coffee black, but on the weekends, I make a delicious Cinnamon Bulletproof Coffee (recipe below!). The Vita Coco Coconut Oil is absolutely delicious.
I’m in love with all the forms Vita Coco Coconut Oil comes in. The little packets are amazing to easily add the perfect portion to my coffee, and I plan on saving the little baby jars for travel-sized makeup remover.
So how about that bulletproof coffee? Have you ever tried it? If not, get yourself some Vita Coco Coconut Oil and give it a go!
- 10-16oz coffee of choice
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (I use Vita Coco Coconut Oil)
- dash of cinnamon
- Make coffee according to your liking.
- Place coffee, coconut oil and cinnamon in a blender.
- Blend until the coffee looks almost creamy.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
How do you use coconut oil?
Have you ever tried bulletproof coffee?
This post is linked up with Meatless Mondays & the Best of Blogs Link Up.