Regular exercise and a diet filled with whole foods are key to leading a healthy life, but these 6 supplements to fuel a healthy lifestyle can help give you a nourishing boost, as well.
I post a lot of recipes around these parts, but it’s not often that I talk about the other things I consume to help fuel my workouts and stay healthy. Well, today is the day that ends because I’m going to take you through my supplement routine!
Before I get into it, I’d like to state that none of the below supplements are meant to replace a healthy diet filled with whole food goodness. They are simply meant to help compliment and add to it (hence the definition of the term supplement). You can get the benefits of all of the below supplements from whole foods, but sometimes a girl’s gotta rely on convenience. Also, while these work for me, they may not be right for you. Please check with your doctor before adding supplements to your routine.
Alright, let’s talk supplements!
- Vega Sport Pre-workout Energizer – After I drag myself out of bed in the morning, I down half a scoop of this stuff mixed with about 2 oz of water (I like it concentrated and also don’t want to have to pee during my 6 mile bike ride to the gym). This really kicks in sometime during my commute, so by the time I get to the gym, I’m awake and ready to go! It’s certified vegan, and free from soy & gluten! Learn more about it here.
- Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator – Within 20 minutes of finishing my workout, whether it’s running or lifting, I mix half a scoop of this recovery drink with water and gulp it down. I’ve touted this product before, but it’s just so darn good. It has a 4-to-1 ratio of carbs to protein, which is considered optimal for muscle recovery. The Tropical flavor is also delicious! Like Vega’s pre-workout formula, it’s vegan and free form soy and gluten. Learn more here.
- Protein Powder – About an hour after my workout, it’s time for breakfast and more protein. If I’m home, I’ll usually whip up a protein smoothie like this, this or this, but if I’m at work, I usually go for a bowl of protein oats. I mix plain, gluten-free oats with some flavor of protein powder. Chocolate Vega Sport Performance Protein makes my oatmeal taste like a brownie and Cookies’n Crème Plant Fusion makes it taste like cookie dough! I top it off with a dollop of nut butter (almond and cashew butters are my go-tos) and my taste buds are in paradise.
- Probiotics – A happy gut is a healthy gut! Since I don’t eat a lot of dairy or fermented foods, I get my probiotics in pill form. My gastroenterologist suggested one with 20 billion active cultures, like this one I first tried from Puritan’s Pride. I usually take two of these with dinner. Find more info here.
- Multivitamin – There are so many benefits to taking a multivitamin. You can read more about them here, but this one is my favorite. I really just like that it’s orange.
- Neocell Beauty Bursts – I did a review on these way back when, and ever since I tried them, I’ve continued to buy them. I’ve seen such a difference in my skin and nails since taking two of these soft chews a night. I also love the Fruit Punch flavor. It’s like a little gummy dessert after dinner.
Neocell also recently sent me their Acai Berry Biotin Bursts to try. These are also soft chews that are meant to help improve hair and skin health and are just as tasty as the Beauty Bursts. They’re filled with Biotin, an important B vitamin and are formulated to support the metabolism of proteins in the body, promoting natural energy, luxurious hair and vibrant skin. You can get more info here, find coupons for them here or better yet, enter the GIVEAWAY below to win some! That’s right. Neocell has graciously offered to give one of you a pack of my favorite Beauty Bursts and the Biotin Bursts! Enter below!
Do you take any supplements?
Have you ever tried Neocell products?
This post is sponsored by Neocell and contains affiliate links.