Well hello there, Monday! Another great week is upon us, and this week will be especially great because we’ll be ringing in the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah!
This is one of my favorite Jewish holidays, mostly because we Jews get to eat lots of apples & honey (to express our hope for a sweet new year). I could devour straight up apples and honey, but you know I had to get a little creative with it. Can you guess what I made? Probably, because it’s in the title of this post (duh, Nicole), but for those of you that didn’t feel like reading the title of this post, I made a smoothie, of course! An Apples & Honey Rosh Hashana Smoothie to be exact!
Sweet apples. Sweet honey. A sweet smoothie for a sweet new year!
Easy to make. Crisp and delicious. Mmmmm. Happy New Year indeed! Some stats (includes Vega Sport Vanilla Protein Powder):
380 Calories, 1g Fat, 50g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 34g Protein
How will you be ringing in the New Year?
Jewish or not, what’s your favorite sweet dish?
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 apple, seeded and quartered (I used Golden Ginger)
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 large handful ice
- optional: 1 scoop vanilla protein* (I used Vega Sport Protein Powder)
- optional: extra honey to drizzle on top
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Ring in the new year with each sip!
- *Vanilla protein will give the smoothie a bit of a vanilla flavor, but it will also help make it a bit thicker.
- 380 Calories, 1g Fat, 50g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 34g Protein