Enjoy breakfast on the run with these healthy, savory and oh-so delicious grab-and-go Bacon Broccoli Cheddar Egg Muffins.
Hello, my Fit & Focused Friends!! I missed you all so much and want to give a big shout outs to Annmarie, Susie, Deborah, Bethany, Patty and Kayla for taking over the blog while I was away. That’s one bunch of awesome ladies right there! Thanks, gals!
I’m finally back from what was an absolutely amazing vacation through Europe. Will and I had a blast exploring London, Brussels, Nice and Paris, and if you follow me on instagram, you may have heard the exciting news…
Despite all the scenic runs, delicious food, and amazing places we’ve been so far on this #European vacation, I think being asked to marry the guy of my dreams while watching the sunset in #NiceFrance trumps it all. ??? ??? * * * #engaged #engagementring #diamond #bluediamond #travel #love #europeanvacation #vacation #proposal #ido #frenchriviera #sweatpink #bgbcommunity #fitfluential #bestdayever #jewelry #theknotrings
We’re engaged!! Right now, we’re just enjoying the newly engaged feeling and won’t start planning anything for a few months. However, I’m already starting to think Will and I aren’t going to see eye-to-eye on many wedding decisions. I had a few initial thoughts that Will immediately vetoed.
- I thought the bridesmaids should walk down the aisle with puppies instead of bouquets. Of course, we’d keep all the puppies afterward. Will said no.
- I decided we should walk down the aisle to this song, after which Will told me that his big wedding planning decision is that I’m not allowed to make any decisions.
Psh… what do boys know.
Anywhoooo I will be sharing a bunch of great details about our trip (things to do, places to eat, where to get your sweat on) and our engagement story on the blog over the next few Fit & Fashionable Fridays so stay tuned for all that fun stuff!
In the meantime, today I’m sharing a recipe I’ve been somewhat addicted to lately: Bacon Broccoli Cheddar Egg Muffins!
Not only are these little bites of breakfast heaven dairy-free and gluten-free, but they’re also incredibly easy to make.
Breakfast is the one meal I don’t want to spend a lot of time on, at least on weekdays. I want to wake up, workout and make my way to the office without wasting any time (aka – I don’t want to wake up any earlier than I have to) which means I either eat on the run or at my desk while I prepare for the workday.
For a while, I was just having fruit and nuts, but I wanted to mix it up and get in something a little heartier. Enter – egg muffins!
The tiniest bit of meal prep will leave you with breakfast for the entire week. Simply whisk together your eggs, add in whatever you’d normally put in an omelette, pour the mixture into muffin tins, toss it in the oven, and a few minutes later you’ve got yourself little mini egg muffins. They’re basically like little personal quiches!
The best part of this recipe is that it can be easily tweaked to create a million different combinations. While this one has broccoli, bacon and vegan cheddar (Daiya is the best!), you can easily switch up the add-ins to create an entirely new egg muffin. I’ve make pepperoni and mushroom egg muffins, spinach and mozzarella egg muffins, and next, I’m thinking about sundried tomato egg muffins!
Ok, I won’t leave you hanging any longer! Behold… the recipe!
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
- small handful broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan cheddar shreds (omit for strict paleo)
- Prehat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan liberally with non-stick spray. Better yet, use a silicone muffin pan like this one. A silicone pan doesn't need to be sprayed and will make it MUCH easier to remove your muffins and clean up afterward.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Whisk in your milk, salt and pepper and evenly distribute the mixture among the 12 muffin tins.
- Sprinkle a few pieces of chopped bacon and broccoli into each tin.
- Top each muffin tin mix with a few shreds of vegan cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, carefully take the muffins out of the tin, place in tupperware and store in the fridge.
- To reheat: Place 3 muffins in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Grab, go, enjoy!
What’s your favorite egg/mix-in combo?
What’s your take on my wedding decisions thus far?