Happy Meatless Monday! I can’t believe we’re almost finished with the alphabet! I missed last week, but his week’s letter is X. That’s a tricky one, but Heather, the clever creator of MMAZ, discovered Xocolatl, the Aztec word for CHOCOLATE! YUM!!
I’ve been craving pancakes all week, so I thought I’d toy around with making some chocolately, protein-rich pancakes. Tastebuds, meet Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes!
You really can’t go wrong with chocolate – especially chocolate chips! The best part about these pancakes is they are healthy, gluten-free, and full of protein (about 40 grams)!
Oh yea, and only 5 ingredients! Go make these now!
What chocolately creation have you been loving lately?
- 1 egg
- 1 - 2 Tbsp milk of choice
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Vega Sport Performance Protein)
- 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- optional: sweetener of choice (I used stevia)
- optional toppings: additional chocolate chips, maple syrup, banana slices
- Stir or blend together egg, milk, banana, protein powder, and sweetener (if using) until will mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat (spray with non-stick spray if desired).
- Pour mix into pan, creating 4 pancakes (or two larger pancakes or more baby pancakes - up to you!).
- When pancakes start to bubble, flip. Cook until desired done-ness. These babies cook pretty quickly.
- Top with chocolate chips, bananas, maple syrup, etc.