Have you ever had one of those days where you just want a ridiculously large portion of something? Oh, that’s most days? Well then, boy, do I have the meal for you!
What’s that? You want that ridiculously large portion to be healthy, too? Are you trying to throw a wrench in the plan?
Wait a second, the thing I had in mind is healthy. And huge! And mighty tasty. Wins all around.
Feast your eyes on the incredible, the amazing, the massively delicious (see what I did there?) Bigger Than Big Burrito Bowl! And then let your taste buds feast on it, too!
This bad boy is jam-packed full of protein and fiber that’s sure to keep you full for days. Or at least until the next time you’re in bottomless pit mode. Did I mention it’s VEGAN? And only takes about 5 minutes to make? Victory dance!
It has layer upon layer of nutrition. Just when you think it’s done, BAM, another layer of healthy goodness.
So eat up, and tell me, what’s your favorite mega-portioned healthy dish?
- 2-3 cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup black beans (rinsed and drained if from can)
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup Daiya Cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 1/2 crumbled up Black Bean South West Sunshine Burger (sub (already cooked): crumbled tofu, veggie ground "beef", or ground beef/chicken if not vegetarian)
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- small handful of sprouts
- 1/4 cup salsa of choice
- 3 corn tortilla chips, crumbled
- Layer the kale, quinoa, black beans, corn, cheese, and burger crumbles in a large bowl.
- Microwave 1 1/2-2 minutes until hot and cheese is mostly melted.
- Add avocado, sprouts, and salsa.
- Top with crumbled chips for added crunch.
- Dig in!