Up your snack time game with these easy-to-make no bake Blueberry Sunbutter Bites.
I’ve been eating almonds with either an apple or an orange as a snack for the past few weeks, and while nuts and fruit are one of my favorite snack combos, I need a change. I still love what nuts and fruit give me as a snack (a nice balance of protein, carbs and healthy fats) so instead of totally ditching them, I thought maybe I just needed them in a different form.
I thought about all the bars and bites I have in my arsenal, such as these Copycat Blueberry RX Bars or Dark Chocolate Trail Mix Energy Bites, but I was in the mood for something new. I looked in my pantry, pulled out a few nuts, seeds and a bag of dried blueberries, and before I knew it, these Blueberry Sunbutter Bites were born.
I always forget how easy energy bites are to make. You literally just throw everything into a food processor. There aren’t a million steps. You don’t even have to turn your oven on. In just a few minutes you’ll have delicious bites to last you all week long.
I don’t know about you, but sunflower seeds taste like summer to me, which may be why I’m loving these so much. The blueberry flavor also just feels like a sunny day. They’re pretty much the happiest tasting bites around.
So whether you need a snack break at work or a little energy after a workout, these babies will fill you up and taste like summer in your mouth. NOM!
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup honey (or agave if vegan)
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- Toss all the ingredients into a food processor.
- Process until a sticky ball of dough forms (you may need to stop and press the ingredients down a few times).
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of the dough at a time and roll into balls (makes about 20-24 bites).
- Store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for later use.
Do sunflower seeds remind you of summer?