I have a confession. I’ve stopped having smoothies for breakfast. GASP! SAY WHA?! I know… I don’t even know who I am anymore…
A few of you may have seen me and my new breakfast love on instagram. I even mentioned him once on the blog. A number of you even asked me how to make my beloved breakfast for yourself. As much as I’d love to keep him all to my lonesome, I know my dear breakfast wants to spread the love. I need to let him spread his wings and share his deliciousness with all of you. So, with a heavy heart (and a full tummy), I will share him with you. Allow your heart to flutter and your mouth to water over these Brownie Protein Oats.
What I love so dearly about my dear Brownie Protein Oats is how simple he is. Just three ingredients, and yet so packed with yumminess. Sometimes I forget what a simpleton he is…
You start with just oats and water. Then mix in some chocolate protein powder. That’s it. You could stop there, but I like to dress him up a bit. Don him with banana slices and scoop of almond butter. He looks so good doused in almond butter.
We enjoy each others’ company over a cup of coffee and a good magazine. Oh how I love our breakfast dates.
I have no doubt you’ll love my dear Brownie Protein Oats just as much as I do. Please treat him well.
- 1/2 cup gluten free oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- optional: banana slices, almond butter
- Place oats and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1.5-2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir in the protein powder.
- Allow to cool and fluff up a bit.
- Optional: Top with banana slices and a Tbsp of almond butter (or any other toppings you'd like).
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee and a good read.
- Nutrition facts will vary depending on the brand of protein powder used.
Have you ever cheated on your favorite meal?
What would you top your Brownie Protein Oats with?
This post is linked up with Meatless Mondays.