Have you ever had dessert for breakfast? Come on. You’re telling me the day after your birthday you didn’t have a piece of cake for breakfast? I’m calling your bluff!
Well, my AM dessert eating friend, feel guilty no more because I am here with a delicious and nutritious breakfast that will satisfy those dessert-craving tastebuds.
Give a sweet hello to these Carrot Cake Overnight Oats!
I’m a HUGE fan of overnight oats, especially these pumpkin pie overnight oats – but these Carrot Cake Oats are up there in the rankings. This recipe may look complicated, but it’s really just the lengthy ingredient list. All it takes to make is throwing everything into one tupperware or jar and letting it sit in the fridge overnight. Then, grab it and go in the morning! I enjoy it cold, but you can just as easily heat it up for a warm, gooey, carrot-cake-like feeling.
If you could have any dessert for breakfast, what would it be?
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- dash of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup raw shredded carrot
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp raisins
- few drops liquid Vanilla NuNaturals/Stevia (or 1/4 tsp vanilla extract + sweetener of choice)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- optional toppings: chopped walnuts or pecans, shredded coconut, raisins, maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or tupperware and shake well.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Enjoy cold in the morning (or heat with an additional splash of milk) with any additional toppings.
And check out more fun posts over at the Fit Foodie Runs Link Up!