These Cherry Chocolate Truffle Protein Cookies may look like a devilishly good dessert, but beyond being delectable, they secretly pack in over 6g of protein, making them the perfect post-workout treat.
This post is sponsored by Fit Body Bakery on behalf of my partnership with Fit Approach.
Fit Body Bakery is dedicated to helping people meet their health and fitness goals in delicious ways. Their mixes (which include brownie, cookie, muffin and pancake blends) are packed with 6g+ protein per serving. They also use unrefined coconut sugar and stevia to cut the amount of sugar in conventional baking mixes and recipes by about half! Plus, all of the mixes are made with 100% gluten free whole grains and don’t have any preservatives or artificial ingredients! BOOM! (Note: the mixes do contain whey protein concentrate, so while they are suitable for those with lactose-intolerance, they are not vegan.)
My plan was to make a breakfast treat with the muffins, but when I went to prep everything, my applesauce was moldy (bleh). I quickly changed my plan to make cookies using some special goodies I’d just gotten from Trader Joe’s (because if you can’t have muffins for breakfast, you might as well have cookies, right?). Low and behold, the Cherry Chocolate Truffle Protein Cookie came to be.
Whip these up according to package directions (basically just adding egg, butter or oil and water), fold in your mixings, divide into cookies, bake for 10 minutes, and you’re done! These made my apartment smell heavenly and were perfect to have after a workout since they’re filled with carbs and protein.
The cookies came out fluffy and cake-like right after baking and were delicious, but then I put the leftovers in the refrigerator. They next day, they were even better! They seemed to get a little denser overnight, so they tasted more rich and delectable. You really wouldn’t know they were protein-packed!
- 1 box Fit Body Bakery Conquer Cookie Mix
- 1/3 cup dairy-free margarine (I use Earth Balance)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 Trader Joe's Organic Dark Chocolate Truffle Bar, chopped*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Add margarine and egg to a medium-large bowl. Whip together using a hand or stand mixer.
- Add in all of the cookie mix and mix on low until combined.
- Slowly add in the water.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chunks and dried cherries.
- Spoon individual cookies onto your prepared sheet (mix makes about 15 cookies). Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- *You can also use regular dark chocolate chips or a bar of your choice, you'll just lose the truffle factor.
Have you ever had a protein cookie?
Which Fit Body Bakery mix do you want to try the most?