Something exciting involving smoothies is starting up next week. I’ll have more info for you then, but I’ve been whipping up so many smoothies to get ready for it that I had to give you a little teaser in the form of a new smoothie recipe. This one is a DOOZY! And by “DOOZY” I mean it may or many not be the most phenomenal, fantastical, scrumpdiddliumptiously wowtastically amazing smoothie OF. ALL. TIME (time time time <— that’s the James Earl Jones’ voice booming and echoing into the smoothie heavens, obviously).
Prepare your tastebuds, my friends, and say hello to this vegan and gluten-free Cherry Mocha Smoothie with Caramel Sauce!
Do you hear that? Why yes, yes I think it’s angels singing!
This smoothie has it all. Coffee for a little boost, chocolate for a little scrumptious (I used Vega Choc-o-late Protein Smoothie Powder), cherries for a little bliss, and a healthy vegan caramel sauce for a little BAM! Plus, the nutrition stats really stack up.
For the smoothie: Calories: 274, Carbs: 33g, Fat: 0.7g, Fiber: 4.7g, Protein: 16.3g
For the Caramel Sauce: Calories: 22, Carbs: 5.3, Fat: 0g, Fiber: 0.5g, Protein: 0.4g
Throw it all in a blender, top it with caramel. Badabing. Badaboom. You’re in heaven. Feel free to call me your Smoothie Angel. Just kidding. Though that’d be pretty sweet on the good ol’ resume:
Nicole (aka Fitful Focus) Experience: Blogger Extraordinare 2012-present Marathoner and All Around Fitness Fanatic 2000-present Awards: Leibster Award Inspired Blogger Award Smoothie Angel
Fits right in don’t you think?
Well I suppose I can’t be deemed “Smoothie Angel” unless I give you the recipe, huh? Check it out below!
Have you ever added coffee to your smoothie?
If you had a Smoothie Angel, what kind of smoothie would she make you?
- 1 cup coffee, frozen into ice cubes
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup pitted and frozen cherries
- 1 scoop Vega Choc-o-lat protein smoothie powder
- 1 cup pitted dates (if you don't have a Vitamix or blender equivalent, cover and soak dates for 4 hours prior to making this recipe)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Brew your coffee ahead of time. Allow it to cool, pour it into an ice cube tray, and freeze overnight.
- When coffee is frozen, place frozen coffee cubes, milk, cherries, and chocolate protein powder in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Top with caramel sauce and enjoy!
- Place dates, milk, vanilla, and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on high. You may have to stop a few times and use a spatula to push everything down into the blades.
- Blend until desired consistency is reached. I liked my sauce nice and thick. For a thinner caramel sauce, add more milk.
- Nutrition facts for entire smoothie: Calories: 274, Carbs: 33g, Fat: 0.7g, Fiber: 4.7g, Protein: 16.3g
- Nutrition facts for 1/24 of the caramel sauce (about 1.5 Tbsp): Calories: 22, Carbs: 5.3, Fat: 0g, Fiber: 0.5g, Protein: 0.4g