When your sweet tooth strikes, whip up this gluten free, vegan, quick & easy Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake.
This post is sponsored by Now Foods.
I love to bake. I love seeing how so many different ingredients can come together to create something so sweet and delicious, but as much as I love it, I tend not to bake all too often because after enjoying one serving, I still have a tray full of brownies or cookies sitting on my counter tempting me to come back for seconds… thirds… oh I might as well just grab a fork and dig right into the whole cake!
Fortunately, mug cakes have come to the rescue. Instead of making a whole cake, you make just enough for one!
So the other day, when I was craving dessert and wanted both brownies and cake, I decided to make a brownie mug cake that was only big enough for one. No leftovers to tempt me. Just one single-serving Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake of pure joy.
Just a few ingredients, a little stirring, a minute in the microwave, and BOOM! You’ve got a cake!
You don’t need an oven. You don’t need a big stand mixer. You don’t have a cake pan to clean. It really couldn’t be easier! Did I mention it’s gluten free and vegan? Oh, yes!
Almost all of the ingredients I used were from Now Foods. I used their gluten free baking mix, their organic cocoa powder, and their organic canola oil. Mix all that with a little almond milk and brown sugar, throw it in the microwave for 60 seconds, let it cool and top it off with some Dollop Gourmet vanilla frosting (mixed with a drop of green food dye because St. Patty’s day is around the corner). Then grab a fork and dig in!
I enjoyed every bite of this little cake, and it was amazing not to have twenty more servings tempting me.
So do you have three minutes? Then grab a mug (or a little shallow dish like the one I used here) and make yo’self a mini mug cake!
- 1/4 c gluten free flour (I used Now Foods Gluten-Free Baking and Pancake Mix)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used (I used Now Foods Organic Cocoa Powder)
- 1/4 c light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (I used Now Foods Organic Canola Oil)
- 2 Tbsp almond milk or milk of choice
- 1-2 Tbsp vanilla frosting (I used Dollop Gourmet)
- optional: 1 drop green food coloring, green sprinkles
- Combine all ingredients in a mug or small dish.
- Stir until will combined.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, stir food coloring into your frosting.
- Once cooled, spread frosting evenly over cake. Top with sprinkles.
- Grab a fork and enjoy!
Have you ever had a mug cake?