Happy Monday to you all! I know Monday can be a drag, so hopefully today’s recipe will perk you up! Plus this week, I’m linking up with the lovely Tina Muir from Fuel Your Future with Tina to bring you all kinds of delicious Meatless Monday recipes, so head on over there to check them all out.
On to the recipe! I’m all about breakfast lately. It’s the most important meal of the day, after all. A day without breakfast is like a day without air! Ok – it’s not that drastic, but I love me some morning eats.
So without further ado, allow me to introduce you to these Choc(olate) Full of Protein Pancakes!
These babies are DElish. They don’t have that chalky protein texture most protein pancakes have. I attribute that to my fave protein powder: Vega Sport. Plus, chocolate for breakfast? Ummm yes please!
Just whisk all the ingredients together and cook ’em on up! All the healthy carbs and boat loads of protein will keep you full ’til lunch. Check out the stats:
Calories: 255, Fat: 7g, Carbs: 32g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 23g
Top them off with some NuNaturals chocolate syrup and you’ve got the breakfast of chocolate champions! Recipe at the end of this post.
Don’t forget to head on over to Tina’s blog for more deliciously meatless recipes!
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (I use Bob Redmill's All Purpose)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Vega Sport Chocolate)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 c milk of choice (I used Lactaid skim)
- optional toppings: NuNaturals Chocolate, maple syrup, honey, nut butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and protein powder.
- Add egg, oil, and milk and whisk together until smooth.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Use a ladle or large spoon to pour batter onto skillet, creating 4 large pancakes.
- When edges begin to brown and bubble, flip.
- Remove from heat and serve topped with toppings of choice (not reflected in nutrition count).
- 1 serving = 2 large pancakes
- Calories: 255, Fat: 7g, Carbs: 32g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 23g