Happy (almost) Cinco De Mayo!
It’s unusual for me to post over the weekend, but I wanted to arm you with some delicious recipes for the holiday on Monday. (Side bar – can you believe it’s already Cinco De Mayo!! I’m pretty sure it was snowing a week ago.)
Why not wake up, make a breakfast cocktail a la this Tequila Sunrise from My Thirty Spot and whip up this delicious Cinco De Mayo Breakfast Burrito:
Packed with veggies, protein, and healthy fats, this burrito will carry you through a few hours or margarita drinking :).
Plus, like all my favorite recipes, it takes a grand total of 5 minutes to make. More time to party it up, Cinco De Mayo style! Recipe below.
Looking for some other recipes to carry you through the day? Here’s a round up of some I have my eye on:
Naughty & Nice Vegan Enchilada Casserole from Oh She Glows
Vegan Taco Salad with Homemade Tortilla Bowls from Vegangela
Meatless Taco Lasagna from Abe’s Market
Bigger Than Big Burrito Bowl from Fitful Focus
Chipotle Tofu from Fitful Focus
Sweet Chipotle Enchiladas from Fitful Focus
Strawberry Mango Salsa from Damn Delicious
Restaurant Style Salsa from Serving Up Southern
26 Totally Awesome Guacamole Recipes via Greatist
22 Vegetarian Mexican Recipes from Jill Conyers
And if you want to make your Cinco De Mayo even more awesome, enter to win some incredible jewelry from Momentum! Check out the giveaway details over here!
What are you planning on whipping up for Cinco De Mayo?
- 1/2 Tbsp non-dairy margarine (like Smart Balance Lite)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 sliced mushrooms
- small handful spinach leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 bar Jalepeno Cheddar Cheese (Cracker Barrel brand is lactose-free), torn into small pieces
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Mango Salsa (I love Newman's Own)
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Coat the pan with margarine and allow margarine to melt.
- While pan heats up, whisk the egg and egg whites together in a bowl. Add in the salt and pepper.
- Pour into the hot pan, reduce heat to low.
- Add mushrooms, spinach, and cheese. Scramble together in the pan until cooked through.
- Place the egg scramble on the bottom 1/3 of the tortilla, leaving a little space along the sides and bottom for folding. Add the avocado slices.
- Fold the sides over, then the bottom, and roll up into a burrito.
- Top with salsa.
- Enjoy with a margarita or bloody mary!
- Sub wheat-free tortilla to make this recipe gluten-free.