Challenging workouts call for quality protein bars. These paleo, no bake Copycat Mint Chocolate RXbars will carry you through. They’re simple, delicious, gluten free and sure to please.
This recipe originally appeared in the “50 Twenty Minute Recipes” Now Foods cookbook.
After making my Copycat Chocolate Coffee RXbars and Copycat Blueberry RXbars, I received a number of requests to recreate some other flavors. One of the most highly requested? Copycat Mint Chocolate RXbars!
I love these bars for a number of reasons. One, they’re much less expensive than the real thing. Two, they taste just as good (if not better) than the real thing. Three, they make a great post-workout or mid-day snack.
I started by taking the base recipe from my other RXbar creations, tweaked it, tasted it, tweaked it and tasted it until I found the perfect chocolate mint combo.
It only takes seven simple, whole food ingredients to make this recipe (almonds, cashews, dates, egg white protein, cocoa powder, mint extract and chocolate). Like my other bars, these Copycat Mint Chocolate RXbars are a breeze to make. Toss all the ingredients in a food processor, give it a whirl and before long you’ll have a nice sticky ball of protein bar dough.
If you want your bars to have a little extra crunch, toss in a few extra almonds and cashews after your dough has been made and pulse quickly in your food processor.
Press or roll it out on a piece of parchment paper (you can place a layer of plastic wrap between your rolling pin and the dough if the dough keeps sticking) and refrigerate. After a few minutes, your sheet of dough will be ready to cut into bars.
I cut my dough into 8-10 bars. If you make 10 bars from this recipe, each bar will have 189.5 calories, 7.7g protein, 7.3g fat, 23.3g carbs and 18.3g sugar. That’s a solid 3:1 carb to protein ratio for post-workout recovery, so toss a bar in your gym bag, chow down after a tough run or WOD and devour after your sweat sesh. Happy taste buds. Happy muscles!
Challenging workouts call for quality protein bars. These paleo, no bake Copycat Mint Chocolate RXbars will carry you through. They're simple, delicious, gluten free and sure to please.
- 1 cup pitted Medjool Dates (about 10)
- ¾ c Now Foods Eggwhite Protein Powder
- ½ c Now Foods Raw Almonds
- ½ cup Now Foods Raw Cashews
- 2 Tbsp Now Foods Organic Cocoa Powder
- 20-30 drops liquid peppermint stevia (or peppermint extract)
- 3 Tbsp dairy free, semi-sweet chocolate chips
- optional: a small handful of almonds & cashews to add at the end for texture
- Place dates, protein power, almonds, cashews, cocoa power, and peppermint stevia in a food processer.
- Process until everything begins to stick together to form a sticky ball of dough. You may need to stop every few minutes to push everything down with a spatula.
- Right before your dough is finished, add your chocolate chips and extra nuts (if adding) and pulse a few times. This will give your bars nice chunks for texture.
- Remove your dough from the food processor and press or roll it into a parchment lined 8x8 baking dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. (TIP: Place a piece of plastic wrap over your ball of dough as you press or roll to avoid your hands or roller sticking to the dough.)
- Slice into 10 bars and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze.
Nutrition Info for 1 bar (recipes makes 10) 189.5 calories, 7.7g protein, 7.3g fat, 23.3g carbs, 18.3g sugar
Check out more delicious crunchy snack recipes from my fellow Recipe Reduxers!
Which RXbar flavor should I create next?