It’s the final month of the year! Let’s check in with December 2016 Goals to see what’s on tap before heading into the new year.
Welcome to another great Wild Workout Wednesday Link Up where Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama, Jen from Pretty Little Grub, Michelle at Fruition Fitness and I bring you workout ideas, motivation, inspiration and recipes to try. Join us each week by reading along, linking up and grab the button to proudly display on your blog/in your posts!
Between running a marathon, moving to Texas and job hunting, November was a whirlwind of a month. I’ve been in Austin for about a month now, but I still feel like I have a lot of settling in to do. With my big fitness goal for the year behind me, the rest of 2016 is really all about balance and positivity. Let’s dive in to December goals!
1. Get Back To Long Runs – I haven’t gone for a run longer than 4.5 miles since running the New York City Marathon. My next big running adventure is the Glass Slipper Challenge during Disney Princess Weekend, so I need to start gearing back into long runs before I lose my endurance completely.
2. Strength Train 3 Days A Week – I also want to compliment my running with some strength training. I started doing Kayla’s Bikini Body Guide again. I love the quick nature of the workouts, and they’re easy to do in my nice new gym.
1. Healthy Holidays – Much like last month, I want to enjoy the holidays, but I don’t want to over indulge in all the things. My goal is to enjoy in moderation. My food allergies actually help in holiday situations. If I know the treat will make my tummy angry, I won’t be eating it.
1. Get Into A Routine – I’m the type of person that thrives off a routine. I find I stick to my goals and get more done when I’m organized in a certain way. I thought the new job would help me settle into a routine. Wellllll turns out the job wasn’t what I thought it would be. I ended up leaving shortly after I started. If it’s not right, it’s not right. Fortunately, I found some freelance work to keep me occupied and to keep the money coming in, but working from home can be tricky. I’m trying to create a little schedule for myself so that I don’t get distracted by other things on my to-do list. Any tips?
2. Do A Daily De-Stress – I’ve been a wee bit stressed since the big move. There has just been so much to do, but homegirl needs to chill. I want to start some sort of daily de-stresser to ease all the anxiousness that’s bubbling. Last night, I took a nice, hot bath. Today, maybe I’ll do some coloring!
What do you want to accomplish before the end of the year? Shout out in the comments and join the Wild Workout Wednesday Link Up (full rules here).
What do you want to accomplish before the end of the year?
Do you have any tips for working from home?
This post is linked up with the Monthly Goals Link Up.