I hope you all had a terrific Mother’s Day. I had a blast visiting my parents out in Pennsylvania. We went hiking. We played games. We ate good food.
Speaking of good food (<— transition master right there), I have an amazing treat for you today. Feast your eyes on these Double Chocolate Chip Protein Brownies!
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but You. GUYS! These are so filled with delicious goodness. A little crispy right around the edges and super ooey gooey on the inside.
You really wouldn’t know that each brownie has 21 grams of protein and only 18 carbs! How, you ask? By the magic of Quest Bars! 6 Quest bars in the whole recipe. Mix in a little protein powder, some greek yogurt, and boom – healthy dessert magic.
So. Good. And did I mention they’re gluten free? (Mic drop and out).
- 3 Chocolate Brownie Quest Bars
- 3 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bars
- 6 oz fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet sweetener of choice (I used NuNaturals)
- optional: 1 Tbsp instant coffee (if you want your brownies to have a mocha flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a piece of parchment paper with nonstick spray. Place one Chocolate Brownie Quest Bar on the paper and microwave for 10 seconds. Remove from microwave and roll out to the size of a small baking pan (I used a 6x4 inch pan but you can roll it slightly bigger if you like). Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 6 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Repeat with remaining two Chocolate Brownie Quest Bars.
- Meanwhile, make your filling by whisking Greek yogurt through instant coffee powder together in a small bowl.
- When your Chocolate Brownie layers are cool, place a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bar on a piece of parchment paper (sprayed with nonstick spray), microwave for 10 seconds, and roll out to the size of your baking pan.
- Repeat with ONE other Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bar.
- Spray your baking pan with nonstick spray. Place one Chocolate Brownie layer on the bottom. Spread some of the filling on top. Layer with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough piece. Spread some filling on top. Layer another Chocolate Brownie piece. Top with filling. Layer with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough piece. Top with remaining filling. Layer last Chocolate Brownie piece.
- Chop up the remaining Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bar and sprinkle on top.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- Cut into 8 pieces and beware! Your mind might be blown.
- 168 Calories, 5g Fat, 18g Carbs, 21g Protein, 14g Fiber
- *Nutrition facts will vary depending on the brand of protein powder used.
What’s your favorite healthy dessert?
Chocolate chip cookies, brownies, or a combo?
This post contains affiliate links.