Turning on the oven on a hot day in an apartment without central air is an act of summer blasphemy. This, and the fact that my summer weekends have been jam packed leaving me with little to no time to meal prep, means I’ve been relying on my handy dandy crockpot quite a bit. I also recently took advantage of a sale on BBQ sauce at the grocery, which all leads me to today’s crazy delicious recipe: Easy Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork Bowls.
This garnered a resounding “YUM!” from Will, and then he asked me to make it again – soooo I think this recipe is a keeper! I’m a.ok with that since it’s a pice of cake to make.
I’m one of those people that likes to get a little bit of everything in every bite, so rather than the classic sandwich or stuffing sweet potatoes, I decided to create a BBQ bowl. I don’t know if this is really a thing, but it is now!
Get your ingredients. Throw them in the crockpot. 6 hours later, your house smells amazing and you’re ready with a feast fit for a king. We’ll call said feast, “The BBQ Flavor Bash.” Sounds fun, right? Right!
Ok, I won’t keep those taste buds waiting. We’ll jump right into the recipe. After you read it, be sure to check out the other fun things happening this week!
- 2-3 pounds boneless pork roast
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce (I used Kraft Mesquite Smoke)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp chipotle powder
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 16oz cans baked beans
- Place pork roast in the crockpot.
- Pour bbq sauce and chicken broth on top.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and chipotle powder onto roast and rub in with hands.
- Cook on high for 6 hours.
- When you have about 40 minutes left, make your brown rice on the stove according to package directions.
- When you have 5 minutes left, heat your baked beans according to package directions (I heated mine in the microwave).
- Once pork is ready, shred with a fork.
- Place 1 cup rice in a bowl. Top with pulled pork and 1/4-1/2 cup baked beans.
- Enjoy! Make sure to get a little bit of everything in each bite!
ALSO! The amazing folks from Love Grown Foods are hosting a month long GIVEAWAY! Simply share a photo of your healthy breakfast creations on instagram with #StartYourDayWithLOVE! Be sure to tag Love Grown Foods in your posts. They’ll be choosing a winner every week in August!
What’s your favorite BBQ dish?
Do you like to get everything in one bite or keep mains and sides separate?
This post contains affiliate links.