Get in the holiday spirit with these festive and easy-to-make chocolate dipped pretzels, made with gluten and dairy free ingredients!
My mom throws a big Hanukkah party every year for my whole family. Will and I are flying up for it, and I can’t wait! Family, latkes, my mom’s brisket – YAS!
My mom always makes allergy-friendly Hanukkah eats when I come to visit (her brisket is seriously BOMB), but she usually leaves dessert up to whoever brings it (at least five people will bring dessert to the party). I can’t usually eat those desserts, so this year, I’m making my own.
Say hello to my gluten and dairy free (aka allergy-friendly) festive chocolate dipped pretzels!
In all honesty, I was planning on making a Hanukkah Chex Mix, but I couldn’t find the ingredients I needed. Not even Whole Foods had the allergy-friendly goodies I was looking for. What the heck?
So, as I was aimlessly wandering the aisles, deeply saddened by the recipe that wasn’t, I spotted a bag of gluten free pretzels. A new idea struck!
I’ve always seen those chocolate dipped pretzel wands, and I’ve never been able to eat them. “Aha!” I thought, “I’ll make my own, and I’ll make them Hanukkah-y. Yes! I’m a genius.”
Not only did my genius idea come out delicious, but it takes mere minutes to make. Plus, they can easily be adapted to suit any holiday or event. All you have to do is change the color of the sprinkles.
Simply melt your chocolate using a microwave (or a double boiler if you’re fancy), dip your pretzels in the chocolate, coat with sprinkles and TADA! Festive chocolate dipped pretzels are ready for devouring. I made a few with white and blue sprinkles, because, Hanukkah and few with just white because I thought they looked like they’d been dipped in snowflakes.
I also love that these pretzel rods are short. They’re the perfect bite-sized dessert!
- 1 bag gluten free pretzel rods (I used Quinn Snacks)
- 1 cup dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- blue and white sprinkles (or color of your choosing).
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Place sprinkles in a shallow dish.
- Microwave the chocolate 10 seconds at time, stirring between each go, until chocolate is melted.
- Dip rods into chocolate and use a spoon to coat, leaving just enough at the end to hold on to.
- Gently dab the rod into the sprinkles, lifting up and pressing back down on each side (don't roll the rods or the chocolate will get all chunky in the sprinkles). You can also hold the rod over a plate and sprinkle over it until coated.
- Place on a metal rack and allow to dry and solidify.
What’s your favorite holiday dessert?