Oh my goodness, it’s almost the weekend! Which means it’s almost time for me to run my first Spartan Race! Gahhhh excitement!
Before I get into today’s Friday Five (hosted as always by these lovely Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia), I wanted to thank you all for you kind words and encouragement on my big announcement yesterday! All of your tweets and comments just made me even more excited and ready to start this journey.
To expand on my excitement, I thought I’d take today’s Friday Five Theme (Five Favorite Things About _____) to chat about my Five Favorite Things About the Fitness World (aka, why I want to become a personal trainer)!
1. It’s inspiring. – Some people are intimidated by the fitness world; they see it as filled with competition, stereotypes, and ridiculous goals. Sure, there are elite athletes and professional competitors out there whose goals may seem “crazy” to the average joe or even the gym-regular, but these people are going after their dreams! There isn’t anything more inspiring than seeing someone work toward a tremendous goal, whether it’s winning the Olympic Marathon or being able to walk a mile without stopping. One of the major reasons I want to become a personal trainer is so that I can inspire others to lead a healthier life and reach their tremendous goals.
2. There’s always a way to challenge yourself. – Speaking of goals, the fitness world is filled with them. Run a marathon, swim a mile, conquer the yoga handstand, compete in your first CrossFit competition – no matter what your workout of choice, there are always ways to improve and get better. In the fitness world, there is always a new challenge, which means there is always an opportunity to grow and learn. There are no limits!
3. It’s ever evolving. – It seems like a new type of workout is surfacing every week, and that’s a marvelous thing! It means there are new things to try, new ways to challenge your body and your mind, and new sweat sessions to get passionate about. The more options we have, the more likely we are to find something we like and get healthy!
4. It’s anyone’s game. – You don’t need a trust fund. You don’t need a fancy degree. Heck, you don’t even need a gym! All you need to get fit is your body. You can get just as fit and healthy in a $5,000/mo gym (yes, those do exist) as you can in your living room. There’s no limit to how many people can be fit in the world. Fitness is fair game, and it’s yours for the taking!
5. It’s empowering. – When you break a really good sweat, when you cross a finish line or hit a personal bench press record, you feel unstoppable. Accomplishment in the form of health – it’s the best feeling in the world.
All of these things and more are why I want to get certified to be a personal trainer. I want to inspire, I want to challenge, I want to evolve, I want to help prove that anyone can get healthy, and I want to empower both myself and others to get on the Healthy Living Train because let’s be honest – it’s the best train around! Woo Woo! (<— that’s the Healthy Living Train and it’s stopping in your town! [<—- too cheesy? Hop on board anyway! Woo Woo!])
What do you love about fitness?
How do you make fitness a part of your lifestyle?