It’s that time again, my friends!
- Running shoes! I’m in the market for some new kicks. I’m debating between the Asics Gel-Noosa Tri 8s and the new Adidas Energy Boost 2.0s. I ran my first half in Adidas and love them, but they crapped out on me around 350/400 miles. I’m in Asics now and really like them (and these ones just look bad-ass), but the soles of my feet get pretty sore after long runs – leading me to believe I need more cushioning like the Boosts, which also have rave reviews from all the running pubs. Thoughts?
- Quest Bars – I’ve been loving all of these goodies from Quest Nutrition. A full review will come soon, but for now I’ll just say I’m in heaven with those lactose-free protein peanut butter cups!
- Vitacost – I live in Brooklyn, land of the itty bitty grocery stores. In order to get everything I need, I usually have to go to two or three different stores. Instead, I’m starting to do some of my shopping on Vitacost. Now I get all my produce and perishable items at the store each week and get all my other fit foods (like the below) from Vitacost. They have great prices and ship right to your door (or office in my case #nodoormanproblems).
- Bulu Box – I’m sure you all have heard me talk about Bulu Box before. This is my little surprise each month. I love not knowing what’s coming and getting to test out new healthy goodies. Check out some of my past boxes here and here. If you’re interested in trying, use this link and/or use my code (BULUGAN009) at checkout for 50% off any subscription. Better yet, now until Monday the 31st you can get your first box for 50% and get $5 cash back – which means your box is pretty much FREE!
- I’ve been really loving strength training lately. It’s something I definitely need to do more of, as I’ve been seeing the benefits that routines like this have on my running. I’ve been getting faster! PR, here I come!
- I’m adding a sixth because I can’t talk about fitness favs without mentioning the Spring Into Fitness Giveaway Blog Hop that’s still going on! You have until Monday the 31st to enter to win entry into a Pretty Muddy Mud Run of your choice + over 20 other amazing fitness giveaways.
So the big question here is, Asics or Adidas?!