This week’s theme: Fitness Truths. And awayyyy we go!
- Fitness should be fun. – If it’s not fun, you’re not gonna want to do it. If you don’t like running, why the heck would you run? It will just seem like torture and you aren’t likely to stick with it. Keep trying new things until you find the thing that is fun, exhilarating, and will get you off the couch and sweating!
- You have to mix it up. – When you do find that thing you love, be sure to find ways to mix up your routine. If you do the same exact Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown DVD (great workout if you’re looking for something new – Level 1 is free on YouTube right now!) day in and day out, eventually your body will adjust and you’ll stop seeing results. Mix it up to throw your body a little curve-ball and prevent mental boredom. Plus, ya know… there’s only so much Jillian one can take.
- Fitness is different for everyone. – Some people like cross-fit. Some people like yoga. For some, fitness is using a lunch break to get in some extra steps. Some people like big muscles, some people like a lean physique, some people enjoy having a healthy heart and nutrition levels no matter what they look like. We all look different, we all sweat differently, but we can all be fit and healthy.
- Fitness isn’t just sweating. – You can workout as much as you want, but if you aren’t healthy in the kitchen, odds are all that sweating won’t make a huge difference. You have to fuel your body properly to keep you heart, body, and mind fit as a fiddle.
- Fitness is empowering! – Achieving a fit goal – whether it’s eating well for a week, kicking your Fitbit’s ass, running a 5k, or winning a cross-fit competition – is a powerful thing. The feeling of accomplishing something that is truly good for you can push you to make more healthy choices, work toward even more goals, and inspire others around you do the same!