Well, gang, we made it to another Friday. What’s that? I think I hear… why yes… yes I believe… it sounds like a PARRRRTAAAYYYY!!!
Before I get to today’s post, I wanted to let you know that NEXT WEEK I’ll be cohosting the Life in Pictures Link-Up with Linda from Fit, Fed, & Happy. I’d LOVE for you join us :). You can get all the details on how it works here, and can check out some of my past LIP posts here and here. Hope to see you next week!
- My race day rituals usually start the night before. First things first, some good old carb loading!
- Get everything out and ready to go. Most races start before the sun is up. Which means wake up call is WAY before the sun is up. Ain’t no body can think that early! I lay out all my clothes, gadgets, and fuel (Energybits at the ready! – try them yourself with my discount code!) before I go to sleep, so in the AM I can just zombie it all on and sleep walk to the starting corrals.
- Set 5 bazillion alarms and check that they’re set 5 bazillion times. I could kill my phone battery with the number of times I check, double check, triple check, and repeat that my alarm is set. I usually set at least two alarms and put one all the way across the room so I have to get up and out of bed to turn it off. The LAST thing you want is to go through all that race training only to sleep through the race!
- Wake up, get dressed, triple check that I have everything, head to the race, and get a “good luck” kiss from my boyfriend before starting. SMOOCHIE SMOOCHIE!
- What’s that? A photographer along the course?! I must resort to one of two go-to moves, the “arms-up-like-I’m-already-crossing-the-finish-line” pose or the good old “look-at-me-I’m-running-a-race-thumbs-up” pose. Yea… I need to work on those…
- AND A BONUS! Cross the finish line and refuel with something delicious. Like AMRAP Nutrition Bars. Oh and hey, you can enter to win some for yourself!
Ok, you caught me. #6 is not so much a race day ritual as it is a shameless plug for the giveaway I have going on right now. But hey, it’s an awesome giveaway, and THREE of you could win! Sooooo #sorrynotsorry. Head over here for details on these delicious bars and/or enter below!
What are some of your pre-race or race day rituals?
What’s your go-to running picture pose?