I haven’t been able to do much cardio lately with my injury. Instead I’ve turned to strength training and I’ve been loving it! So this Friday I bring you:
I’ll keep this one short and sweet.
- Lifting builds muscle and burns fat simultaneously.
- Your body naturally burns more calories after lifting weights. (Well hello there, extra scoop of ice cream…)
- Weight training strengthens your bones, ligaments, joints, and tendons as well as your muscles. You may not notice it now, but you’ll be one healthy 80-year old!
- It’s an excellent way for runners to cross-train. You’ll build lean muscle, prevent injury (note to self during my next race), and get faster.
- You’ll feel like a bad ass.
Do you lift or incorporate strength workouts into your routine?