Did you all enjoy the weekend? I got in some serious relaxation time. It was glorious! Now it’s back to reality and the work week, but you know what that means? Another fine Meatless Monday is upon us!
Now that I can enjoy some dairy again (read all about that here), I’ve been really enjoying experimenting with Greek yogurt. I like making yogurt bowls topped with things like granola and fruit or freezing it for Matcha Frozen Yogurt. Frozen things are the best mid-summer, so I’m coming at you this week with another Greek yogurt frozen treat: Frozen Yogurt Dipped Apples!
I love how simple this recipe is. Just cut the apple, dip it in your yogurt, and freeze for a delicious high-protein, non-fat, carb-healthy treat.
This is the perfect snack to help me hit my macros. Here are the stats:
Calories: 185, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 32g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 15g
I especially love them drizzled with a little NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup! Healthy dessert bliss.
Have you been enjoying any frozen treats this summer?
What’s your go-to Greek yogurt concoction?
- 1 apple, sliced (I used Gala)
- 5.3 oz plain, non-fat Greek yogurt (Chobani cup)
- sweetener of choice (I used vanilla NuNaturals liquid stevia)
- optional: NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup
- Cover a plate with wax paper or silpat non-stick baking mat.
- Mix sweetener into yogurt.
- Dip apple slices into yogurt, coating evenly, and place on plate.
- Place apples in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer, top with cocoa syrup (if desired), and nosh away!
- You may use already flavored/sweetened yogurt if desired, but this will change the nutrition stats.
- Be wary of freezing for too long as you may not be able to bite into the apples - allow to defrost a bit if this is the case.