Oh boy do I have a treat for you today! When I was at Blend, I met the gorgeous and amazing Madelyn from Moon Fitness. She was giving out some samples of Skoop, a ridiculous awesome superfood blend I’d been dying to try. She started me off with a 5-day challenge and then sent me a whole bag of the A-Game Sweetgreens flavor to try!
What exactly is Skoop A-Game? In a nutshell, it’s a nutrient dense superfood powder that makes it easy to consume antioxidants, probiotics, nutrients, pretty much everything you need to feel super!
I. LOVE. This stuff. I mean, check out these stats:
- A-Game has 41 organic non-GMO ingredients in every “skoop” (ha – I get it!)
- A-Game’s probiotics promote healthy gut function & nutrient absorption (sensitive tummy, meet your match!)
- A-Game’s antioxidants strengthen immunity and promote a healthy inflammatory response as well as supporting outstanding, sustaining energy (that’s a mouthfull, but WOW!)
- It’s loaded with adaptogens (adapto-whats?), which actively fight stress and promote faster recovery after activity (oh, cool! Thanks for explaining!)
- Only 50 calories a serving. (win!)
Here’s a snapshot of the nutritional label so you can check out the stats and see exactly what those 41 organic ingredients are:
It’s pretty much everything you need. In fact, one serving of Skoop A-Game is the ORAC equivalent of 10 servings of veggies!
But onto the most important factor: taste! I think it tastes great! It definitely has a bit of a healthy flavor, if that makes any sense, but the touch of sweetness adds something really nice to whatever you mix it with! The 5-day challenge pack comes with both the Sweetgreens flavor and the Chocofresh flavor. Here’s a little inspiration for how I mixed it up with my Skoop:
Top Left: A-Game Sweetgreens with lactose-free milk, Vega Sport vanilla protein powder, egg-whites, and frozen banana.
Middle Left: A-Game Chocofresh with blend of Organic Valley chocolate protein milks, Vega Sport chocolate protein powder, chocolate Nuttzo, and Pure Via stevia.
Bottom Left: A-Game Sweetgreens with Organic Fuel Vanilla protein shake, Kiss Me Organics Matcha Powder, and NuNaturals NuStevia.
Top Right: A-Game Chocofresh mixed into plain Chobani greek yogurt.
Bottom Right: A-Game Chocofresh mixed with Vega Sport chocolate protein powder, decaf coffee, and water.
As you can see, I’ve been experimenting out the wazoo with mixing A-Game into different shakes and even yogurt, but then I had a thought.
“Hmmm <— me thinking
Could I make super powered energy bites with this stuff?”
The answer: yes! Get your super on with these A-Game Matcha Yummy Bites!
Not only are these bites packed with all the goodness of Skoop, but they get an extra punch with all the goodness of matcha. Antioxidants to the max!
I like to nibble on one or two of these before the gym or as a mid-afternoon snack for a little healthy boost and to ensure I’m always working at my A-Game (see what I did there? Ba dum chhh). Mean, green, superfood machine! Check out the recipe below and get more inspiration on how to use Skoop from the Skoop blog!
I know this post is getting lengthy, but I haven’t even gotten to the best part yet! Madeyln and the Skoop Team have offered to give one Fitful Focus reader a 30-serving bag of A-Game as well as the awesome BlenderBottle you can see in the lower-right image of the 5-day challenge montage! All you have to do is follow the directions in the Rafflecopter widget below! Good luck and happy superfooding.
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Sport)
- 1 tbsp Skoop A-Game Sweetgreens
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 3 tbsp coconut milk (I used the full-fat canned kind)
- 10 drop vanilla liquid stevia (I used NuNaturals)
- 2 tbsp honey
- optional: unsweetened coconut flakes
- Whisk the coconut milk, stevia, and honey together in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, combine the oats, protein powder, Skoop A-Game, and matcha powder. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into bite-sized balls.
- If desired, sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes on a plate and roll each ball through the flakes. Press them in with your hands for good measure.
- Allow the bites to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. The longer the better as they'll need to firm up.
- Munch and get your superfood on!