It’s a new year, so I thought I’d kick things off with a brand new recipe. Something with a nice winter feel. Something to fill up your tummies on a cold, snowy day. Something that’s a little savory and a little sweet and lot of healthy, of course!
This Gingersnap Granola is the perfect fix for a busy morning. Just add a little almond milk for a deliciously filling breakfast. Mix it into some yogurt, add it to an apple with peanut butter, or just grab a handful to go. However you like your granola, this will fit your hippy cravings.
Did I mention it’s sugar-free? And vegan? I know. I know. All your doubts just shot right out the window as your jaw dropped to the floor. But you besta pick up that jaw and use it to munch on this granola!
Gingersnap Granola – bringing back great memories of you nom-ing on those scrumptious childhood cookie, one bite at a time.
What’s your favorite way to eat granola?
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Nom away!