The day is finally here! Check out my goals for The Dopey Challenge and join the first Wild Workout Wednesday Link Up of 2016!
Welcome to the first Wild Workout Wednesday Link Up of 2016! If you’re new around here, here’s the lowdown: each week Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama, Angelena Marie from Angelena Marie: Happy, Healthy & Balanced, Michelle at Fruition Fitness and I bring you workout ideas, motivation, inspiration and recipes to try. Join us by reading along, linking up below and grabbing the button to proudly display on your blog/in your posts!
I’m on my way to Disney World to take on The Dopey Challenge! I can’t believe the time has finally arrived! I’ll touch down in Orlando in just a few hours, and then I’ll be off to expo-ing and getting ready for 48.6 magical miles through Disney.
I have a feeling this is going to be one of the hardest challenges I’ve ever faced, but I’m confident my training has prepared me. I’m also very happy that I’ll have Angela by my side the whole time. For those of you that don’t know about The Dopey Challenge, here’s a quick rundown:
- Thursday, January 7th – Run a 5K
- Friday, January 8th – Run a 10K
- Saturday, January 9th – Run a half marathon
- Sunday, January 10th – Run a full marathon
Yep, that’s the crazy $h*% I’ll be doing this weekend, and I’m pretty excited about it! After all, all the courses take place in the magical world of Disney! While I don’t have any sort of time goal for any of the races, I do have some other goals in mind. Care to take a gander?
- Have the best time ever. – I’ll be at the most magical place on earth, so I want to have the most magical time. I plan on taking it easy for all of the races and really just enjoying my time along each course. Angela and I also have plans to hit up a different park each day, which I’m pretty pumped about. With the exception of running through it when I did the Walt Disney World Marathon in 2014, I’ve never been to Epcot, so I’m pumped to actually get to explore it this time around. We’re also going to hit up the Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and, even though it’s not Disney, Universal to see Harry Potter World! I’m anticipating lots of fun and smiles!
- Rock my costumes. – I’m dressing up for a different character for every race. I made these costume inspiration boards a few months ago and have been slowly accumulating the gear to make each of these costumes happen. I’m going to keep the final product a surprise for you all to see on social media and in my race recaps, but I did a pretty good job creating these outfits if I do say so!
- Take all the pictures! – One of the things I love about runDisney races is that Disney characters line the race course. You can stop and take pictures with official race photographers, but they’ll also take a picture for you on your phone. I plan on stopping for pretty much every character I know. Cheeeeeeseeeee!!!
- Finish all the races with a smile. – I mentioned I don’t have any time goals for these races, but I do want to finish happy and healthy. No injuries. No looks of agony. Just pure Disney joy across each finish line followed by a quick and strong recovery. If Angela stays as positive and awesome as she did when we ran the Philadelphia Marathon, I know this one won’t be a problem. We also have massages already booked, so that should help with the recovery part.
There you have it! If you can’t tell, I’m super super pumped! 48.6, let’s do this!
Don’t forget to join in on the link up fun. I may be slow to get to all your posts since I’ll be living it up in Disney, but I promise I will visit you all before next week. Check out the full link up rules here and enjoy the wildest of workout Wednesdays!
Is anyone else running in Disney this weekend?
Any Disney tips for me? What’s one thing I can’t miss at the parks?