Let’s make some goals for 2016! Read all about my plans for the New Year and share your own, so we can hold each other accountable all year long!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2016! Holy moly! I hope you all enjoyed a festive New Year’s Eve and are ready to hit the ground running today with all those new health and fitness goals.
I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want to accomplish in 2016 and have a number of goals in mind. I figure sharing them with you all is the best way to hold myself accountable (after all, I nailed all my 2015 goals after sharing with you!), and perhaps one of my goals will spark and idea for you! Let’s get to goal sharing then, shall we?
- Rock Dopey – My most immediate fitness goals is to complete the Dopey Challenge in Disney World next week (next week! eek!). I’m not focusing on time at all, so I really just want to have a blast and finish injury free!
- Focus on CrossFit – Once Dopey is over, I’m going to start focusing more on CrossFit. I bought a tracking journal (affiliate link) to keep track of my progress. I want to be able to nail consecutive double unders, get stronger and be able to do an unassisted pull up by the end of the year!
- PR in NYC – My one major race goal for the year is the NYC Marathon. One of my 2015 goals was to qualify for this race via New York Road Runner’s 9+1 program, and I did! Now, I want to train hard for this race and get a new marathon PR!
- Try Paleo – I haven’t been doing very well on the nutrition front lately. I’ve definitely been using Dopey Challenge training as an excuse to eat all the things, so after the big race is over, I’m going to give Paleo a shot. I’ll go into more detail about why I made this decision in a later post, but I’m hoping it will help with a lot of things. Since it’s not wise to change things up right before a big race, my official start date will be January 12th. Stay tuned for more details!
- Be Positive – This is a goal of mine every year. I think positivity is the key to success and happiness, so I’m always striving to be more and more positive. This can be challenging for a sarcastic New Yorker, but I make this a goal every year and every year I think I get a little better at it.
- More Time for Friends – I want to make a bigger effort to see all of my good friends. With so much social media, it’s easy to pretend that we’re staying in touch and know what’s going on with each other, but how often do we actually pick up a phone or make dinner plans? I want to start calling my out of town friends more and getting together with my in-town friends more. Perhaps and monthly girls’ night is in order?
- No More Phone Walking – You know when you’re walking down the street and someone is walking toward you while texting or emailing? They aren’t paying attention to where they’re going, and you have to do the awkward dodge-and-weave dance to try to get around them. Or perhaps you’re the person on the phone when you suddenly trip or walk right into a pillar or even another person. I’ve been on both sides of the phone, and I’ve had enough. There is nothing more annoying when you’re walking through a busy city than someone “walking” while on their cellphone, so I’m gong to make a concerted effort to put my phone away while walking. Not only is it safer, but it will help me be more mindful of the present moment.
There you have it! My 2016 goals. I’m sure some mini goals will come up along the way, but I think this is a good overarching list for the year. Now it’s time to put all of these plans into action and make 2016 the best year yet! I hope you all will help hold me accountable.
A few reminders before we chat:
- The Fit & Fashionable Friday Link Up will be back NEXT WEEK (January 7th).
- I may be a little slow to respond next week since I’ll be in Disney World, but I promise to get back to all of your emails and comments as soon as possible.
Alright, Let’s Chat:
Did you accomplish your 2015 goals?
What are you goals for the new year?