Happy Monday! I know the start of a new work week can be tough, especially after a fun summer weekend, but I’m here with a fun recipe to brighten up your day. Give a grand ol’ hello to this Healthy White Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream!
Oh yes, it’s ice cream, and it’s HEALTHY!! It’s also lactose, wheat and soy free and can easily be made vegan! Bazinga!
A little background on how this came to be.
- I love White Chocolate Raspberry Quest Bars. I probably have 2-3 a week. So delicious.
- It’s been crazy hot out.
- My White Chocolate Raspberry Quest Bars get melty and sticky when it’s hot out.
- Hitherto, I wanted a cool and refreshing way to eat my White Chocolate Raspberry Quest Bars.
And so I set to experimenting. Unlike my failed coconut butter experiment, this came out perfectly on the first try.
You don’t even need an ice cream maker for this recipe! If you have the ingredients and a good, high speed blender, you’re good to go.
Not only is this ice cream free from allergens, but it’s also high in protein! Protein powder helps to create a smooth, creamy consistency. My personal preference is Quest Vanilla Milkshake because it really comes out thick and ice-cream like, but you can sub any vanilla protein powder that you choose. Plug in a vegan one, and this recipe becomes instantly veganized!
Now that I have my White Chocolate Raspberry flavored ice cream, I can top it off with chunks of White Chocolate Raspberry Quest bar and I’m in cool, delicious heaven! High fiber. High protein. High amounts of YUM!
Before we get to the recipe, quick ANNOUNCEMENT: Be sure to follow me on Instagram for some exciting happenings. I’m not going to tell you exactly what because I like the element of intrigue, BUT I will tell you to check in around 7pm if you like winning awesome stuff… like… really awesome stuff…
Ok, onto the good stuff:
- 1 cup non-dairy milk frozen into ice cubes (I used cashew milk)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder (or protein of choice to make vegan)
- 1/4-1/2 cup non-dairy milk (NOT FROZEN)
- small handful frozen raspberries
- optional topping: chopped up White Chocolate Raspberry Quest Bar, fresh raspberries
- Place milk ice cubes, banana and protein powder in a high speed blender.
- Add about 1/4 cup of milk and blend. You may need to scrape down the sides or use a tamper to push all the ingredients down into the blades. Add more milk as needed until all the ingredients are blended and the consistency is thick and creamy, like ice cream.
- Once consistency is reached, toss in frozen raspberries and pulse until just mixed in. (Alternatively, you can crush up the frozen raspberries and stir them in.)
- Scoop out into bowls, add any toppings and serve.
What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Do you like Quest Bars? Which is your fave?
This post is linked up with Meatless Mondays:
This post contains affiliate links.