So you’re rushing out the door. You don’t have time to cook up an omelet or flip those pancakes. You need something quick and easy but still healthy and filling. Bonus points if you can eat it with one hand.
Enter, the Sesame Avocado Wrap!
In 3 minutes and 4 ingredients you’ll have a delicious breakfast packed with healthy fats and avocado goodness.
Avocados help with heart and skin health, lower cholesterol levels, have anti-inflammatory properties, and increase nutrient absorption among other benefits, like helping to fight free radicals and pleasing your taste buds.
Not sure how to dice an avocado. Here’s a quick tip:
- Slice your avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Holding the avocado in your palm, slice a few lines across the avocado, lengthwise. Be careful not to cut through the skin of the avocado; you don’t want to slice your hand!
- Next, cut a few diagonal lines across the avocado, creating little cubes. Then just scoop ‘em out!
Sesame seeds also help lower bad cholesterol and ward off free radicals. They are also rich in essential minerals like calcium, iron, manganese, and zinc.
Calories: 307, Fat: 18.5g, Carbs: 33g, Fiber: 8g, Protein: 5g
Wrap it all up in a gluten-free tortilla and head out the door, healthy one-handed breakfast in hand!
Loving avocado? Here’s another avocado based recipe.
What’s your go-to grab-and-go breakfast?
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 gluten-free tortilla
- sea salt to taste
- Place the tortilla on a paper towel.
- Slice avocado and place in a horizontal line in the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and salt on top.
- Fold up the left and right sides. Then, fold up the bottom and roll into a burrito. Give it a gentle squeeze so it all stays together.
- Grab and go!
- Calories: 307, Fat: 18.5g, Carbs: 33g, Fiber: 8g, Protein: 5g