I have been a fan of Pure Via stevia packets for a while. They always have them at the Argo Tea by my office, and I may or may not be the person that puts one in my tea and then stuff about 10 in my pocket. You didn’t see anything…
Anyway, now I’m an even bigger fan because they are the first national brand of all-natural sweetener to use only non-gmo ingredients (read about their natural standard here).
So what exactly are Pure Via packets?
They’re little packets of bliss – that’s what. Each packet is an all natural, zero-calorie sweetener made with the sweet extract of the stevia plant. They are kosher and gluten-free. Woohoo! One packet sweetens like two teaspoons of sugar (more nutritional info here).
Since I love these packets so much, I was excited to try their new liquid stevia products, both the plain and vanilla flavor.
These are zero-calorie dissolvable liquid sweeteners packaged in cute little portable “no drip” bottles designed for on-the-go consumers. <— Hey, that’s me!
One bottle provides 48 servings! Not too shabby. These are NOT non-GMO like the packets, though.
So how does this liquid stevia stack up against my favorite, NuNaturals? I have to say I like the flavor of NuNaturals a bit better. I also like that you can control the number of drops you get with NuNaturals. You just squeeze the Pure Via bottles and the stevia squirts out a little aggressively. However, the Pure Via liquid sweetener wins on the portability front (NuNaturals comes in a glass bottle, so jamming it into your purse could be a recipe for disaster). At first glance, Pure Via seems much less expensive than NuNaturals, but you get about 5x the servings (236 vs 48) in NuNaturals than Pure Via, so they are pretty much the same cost-to-serving wise.
Now that we know about the products, let’s see how they stack up in some recipes!
In honor of National Iced Tea Month, I whipped up two yummy iced tea drinks (plus these Zesty Iced Tea Energy Bites!), one using the packets and one using the liquid stevia. First up, this Boozey Blueberry Iced Tea.
Yup! Boozey! A little cocktail (or two) every now and then is good for the soul. This one is perfect for relaxing on a warm summer’s eve. Ahh so refreshing.
If you’re looking for non-alcoholic beverage, give this Tea-riffic Smoothie a try!
And if two recipes weren’t enough to perk up your day, how does a GIVEAWAY sound?! Pure Via has generously offered to give one Fitful Focus reader the same Pure Via Summer Fit Kit they sent me! What’s in it?
- Box of Pure Via® non-GMO packets
- Bottle of Pure Via® stevia liquid
- Bottle of Pure Via® vanilla stevia liquid
- Container of instant iced tea
- Pure Via mason jar & straw
- Pure Via pedometer
- Pure Via SPF 15 lip balm
Yippee! Just enter using the Rafflecopter widget below and come back every day to earn more entries! (Open to U.S. readers only – sorry!)
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tsp instant iced tea mix, unsweetened (I used Lipton)
- 1.5 oz potato vodka (or regular vodka if not gluten-free)
- small handful ice
- small handful frozen blueberries
- 1 squeeze Pure Via liquid stevia
- Optional toppings: fresh blueberries, lemon zest, coconut flakes
- Combine all ingredients (except toppings) in a blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Pour into your favorite cocktail glass, add any toppings, and enjoy!
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ¾ cup egg white (or milk if vegan)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Sport Performance Protein)
- 3 tsp instant iced tea mix, unsweetened (I used Lipton)
- ½ frozen banana
- small handful of ice
- 1 packet Pure Via zero-calorie sweetener
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Pour into a cute little mason jar and sip in the summer sun.