I keep a wish list in my phone. Basically, whenever I stumble across something I like (usually a cookbook or a new fitness gadget) I add it to the list. Every now and then, if I accomplish a health or fitness goal of mine, I’ll treat myself to something off the list. I don’t want to just BUY these things, I want to earn them – use them as a little reward for accomplishing my goals. Just recently, I bought this ring as a reward for getting up the courage to sign up for my very first marathon :).
The list is getting filled with all kinds of health and fitness goodies, and I wanted to share them with you in case you have a wish list of your own or are looking for something new to try. If you have any of these books or products, I’d love to know what you think (warning: there are a TON of cookbooks on here)!
Fitful Focus’ Wish List (in no particular order):
1) Healthy Happy Life’s 365 Vegan Smoothies Book – As many of you may know, I’m a HUGE smoothie fan. I get a lot of my inspiration from Kathy over at Healthy Happy Life and can’t wait for her recipe book to come out in July!
2) The Fresh 20 Cookbook – This cookbook seems like it would make life so much easier! It has over 125 recipes with shopping lists and prep guides and only uses whole, simple ingredients.
3) Feed Zone Portables – This is a cookbook for on-the-go athletes. I think it will teach me a lot about the types of foods I should be eating as I gear up for marathon training. It’s also filled with recipes for portable snacks that I think will be really useful while I’m running so I won’t have to rely on processed gels.
4) LiveFresh – I’ve been dying for this cookbook ever since I bought my Vitamix! I wish it wasn’t so expensive!
5) The 3 Day Cleanse – This book was written by the creators of the Blue Print Cleanse. It offers up a ton of different programs for at-home juicing, and even if you don’t end up doing a cleanse, you can at least enjoy the different juice recipes from time to time. It’s really inexpensive, too!
6) Running Charms – I love these charms from The Run Home’s Etsy shop. I would love one to remind me of the half marathon I ran, motivate me to keep running, and eventually, get one to celebrate completing a full marathon!
7) Veggie Spiralizer – I want one of these so badly! I tried making zucchini noodles with my old hand-me-down mandolin slicer and it was a big flop. I think I would use something like this all the time to put a healthier spin on some more traditional Italian and Asian noodle dishes or make baked curly fries! Do any of you have one? What brand is good?
That’s the list! When will I make one of these wishes come true? When I complete my next fitness goal: doing a head stand! I’ve been working toward it in my yoga classes over the past three weeks. Just this week I was able to get both feet off the ground! I’m slowly working on my balance to straighten both legs completely up into the air. Hopefully, I’ll be able to do it in the next few weeks! When I do, what should I treat myself to?
Don’t forget, you can treat yourself to an awesome NuNaturals GIVEAWAY! That’s right! The giveaway is still going on! To enter, just click “a Rafflecopter giveaway” below or in my sidebar. I hope your wish of winning comes true!