Wow. When did it get to be November? Holy moly, time sure flies! But a new month means it’s time for another Puritan’s Pride Seasonal Smoothie recipe!
This post is sponsored by Puritan’s Pride; opinions expressed are my own.
On to November! This month, Puritan’s Pride sent me all these goodies:
1. Puritan’s Pride All Natural All Natural Vegan Protein Chocolate with Quinoa and Oats –This is an all-natural vegan protein powder made from quinoa and oats. It’s free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, and soy and packs 17 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber into each 200-calorie scoop.
2. Eclectic Institute Raw Kale Powder – Kale is one of the most nutritious of all vegetables. This powder is made from fresh, whole, raw Kale and custom freeze-dried. Freeze-drying is the best method for preserving the complex chemistry, active enzymes and entire matrix of a plant in its fresh form. I was worried this would add a bitter taste to my smoothies, but I was very very wrong. You really can’t taste it at all! It’s a great way to get your boyfriend to eat vegetables add an extra nutritional punch.
3. Alacer Emergen C Immune with Vitamin D Blueberry-Acai – I’ve been using Emergen C for years. It’s a supplement that provides key nutrients including vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc and a proprietary immune complex with beta glucans.* I usually down this stuff whenever I’m traveling or if the people around me at work are sick for an extra immunity boost. I’ve never tried the Blueberry-Acai flavor and I’ve also never thought to add Emergen C to a smoothie. It’s delicious! I may also have to try this in my Acai-Blue Ice Smoothie.
4. Puritan’s Pride Psyllium Husk Seed 100% Natural: Psyllium Husk – Psyllium Husk is rich in soluble fiber to keep your digestive tract moving smoothly.* The fiber in Psyllium Husk Seed Powder helps your body eliminate what it doesn’t use, making for a cleaner colon.* I am cautious about my fiber intake. Too much or too little and my digestive system throws a fit. Seriously, my tummy is pickier than Goldilocks. When I do need to get in a little more fiber, adding Psyllium Husk to a smoothie (or any beverage really) is a great way to do it.
Great products right? Keep on reading because at the end of this post you can enter to win all of them! But for now, allow me to introduce you to the November Seasonal Smoothie: The Immunity Smoothie Bowl!
This baby is packed with everything you need to stay healthy during the cold months. Protein for the muscles, all the nutrients of kale, all the vitamins from Emergen C, and all the fiber from the Psyllium Husk.
Nom nom. I’m feeling healthier already! Shoo winter colds, don’t bother me! Ready for the recipe?
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
- 1 tbsp Eclectic Institute Raw Kale Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Puritan’s Pride Psyllium Husk Seed
- 1 scoop Puritan’s Pride All Natural All Natural Vegan Protein Chocolate with Quinoa and Oats
- 1 packet Alacer Emergen C Immune with Vitamin D Blueberry-Acai
- handful of ice
- optional toppings: dried blueberries, unsweetened coconut flakes
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl. Top with blueberries and coconut flakes.
- Grab a spoon and feel the health!
- 379 Calories, 9g Fat, 39g Carbs, 10g Fiber, 21g Protein
Excited to make this smoothie and fight those seasonal sickies? Enter to win all of the November Seasonal Smoothie Goodies that I received! Yep! One of you will win the Vegan Protein Powder, Kale Powder, Blueberry-Acai Emergen C, AND the Psyllium Husk Seed. OR if you want to go ahead and purchase these goodies now, use any of the product links in this post to get $5 off of a purchase of $25. Happy almost holiday’s to you! Enter below.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This post is linked up with The Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck.