Is Hello Fresh worth it? I’m letting you know with this honest review.
This post is sponsored by Hello Fresh. All opinions are my own.
I’m going to cut right to the chase. Yes. Hello Fresh is totally worth it!
Last week was one of the craziest weeks I’ve had in a while. Work was nuts, and Will and I still had a lot of just-moved-to-a-new-house things to do to get ready for our first house guests last weekend. I barely had time to take bathroom breaks let alone think about what we were going to have for dinner, which, when you have a hanger-prone fiancé, is the worst possible thing to not have time to think about.
Hello Fresh pretty much saved my life. Ok… maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but anyone who has a hanger-prone significant other understands the horrors of having to answer the “what’s for dinner” question when you’ve been too busy to even realize it’s dinner time.
Umm…. Scrambled eggs?
And the hanger beast is unleashed!
Fortunately for me, I had Hello Fresh meals to whip up just when I needed them most.
Scrambled eggs? Nope. How about Pineapple Pork Chops with green beans and Jasmine rice? Well, yes, I was slammed at work today, but I’d do anything for you, oh hangry love of mine.
Have I lost you yet? Ok, why I don’t I start with what Hello Fresh is!
WHAT IS HELLO FRESH?
Hello Fresh is a meal delivery service. Each week (or however often you choose to order), you’ll get a box (complete with insulating liners and ice packs to keep everything cool) filled with all the fresh ingredients and step-by-step instructions you need to create delicious meals in no time.
WHAT SORT OF MEALS ARE OFFERED?
Hello Fresh currently offers three different meal plans: a vegetarian plan filled with plant-based meals, a classic plan that offers the widest variety of meat, fish and seasonal produce and a family plan that offers quick and easy meals for the whole fam. You can have your box delivered any day of the week. Delivery is free, btw.
They’ll select meals for you based off your preferences, but they also give you the flexibility to select what you’d like from the 15 meals offered each week.
WHAT IS THE COOKING PROCESS LIKE?
It’s incredibly easy. All of the ingredients come portioned, so you don’t need to worry about measuring out a million things. Plus, each guide tells you what tools to get out before you start cooking (a baking sheet, a mixing bowl, etc), so you don’t have to start scrambling for gadgets and tools after you’ve started cooking.
BUT HOW IS THE FOOD?
AH-MAH-ZING! I opted for the classic plan and received ingredients and recipes to make the afore mentioned Pineapple Pork Chops, Sizzling Southwestern Chicken and Meatloaf a la Mom (most fun recipe name ever).
They were all delicious and they were all fiancé-approved, but I’ll let these pictures do the talking.
SO TELL ME EXACTLY WHY IT’S WORTH IT?
Here are nine reasons why Hello Fresh is worth it:
- They send you everything you need for your weeknight dinners. No grocery trip needed.
- The classic plan only costs $9.99 per serving. Way better than eating out. (SIDE NOTE: You can use this link (or code FITFULFOCUS30) to get $30 OFF your first box – that means each meal will only be $4.99 per serving!)
- The recipe instructions are incredibly easy to follow and are great for actually helping teach someone how to cook.
- The recipes were also easy to adjust. Because all the ingredient amounts are listed, I was able to replace any allergens for allergy-friendly alternatives (like margarine for butter or potato flour for wheat flour).
- It makes weeknight meals so easy.
- It makes good-sized portions so hanger is kept at bay.
- It helps you step outside your box. I can’t tell you the last time I made pork chops or meatloaf. Hello Fresh helped remind me that there’s more to life than chicken and turkey.
- Although your box comes pre-portioned, each recipe card also lists out the ingredients, so if you ever want to recreate the recipe on your own, you know what to get and how much.
- Every meal was fiancé approved! Happy Will, happy Nicole.
Since the craziness of the holiday season is headed our way, and holiday shopping and travel will be added to my already busy work and race-training schedule, I foresee ordering a few more Hello Fresh boxes to help make life a little less bananas. Speaking of holiday shopping, a Hello Fresh subscription would make a great gift… Maybe holiday shopping won’t be so crazy after all!
Have you tried Hello Fresh?
Which of the three meals above would you try first?