(Props if the title of this post made you think of this movie.)
I’m very excited and honored to announce that Linda over at Live-Craft-Sweat nominated Fitful Focus for a Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given to up and coming blogs that have less than 200 followers. It’s a great way to get new blogs out there and it’s so nice to be recognized by my fellow bloggers. I love the support of the online health and fitness community, and this is all the more reason why.
About the award:
Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
To receive the award, the nominated blogger must:
- Share. Post 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer. Respond to the 11 questions the person nominating you asked.
- Ask. Create 11 questions for the blogs you’ll nominate.
- Spread the love. Pick 11 other blogs to nominate. Tag them in your post and post to their blog.
Sooooo here we go:
- When I was little, I named all my stuffed animals after their color and animal type, respectively. For instance, a purple snake would be Purple the Snake Snake and a blue dog would be Bluey the Dog Dog. Now I do creative writing for a living. Who would have thought?
- I got my baby toe stuck in the fan of an exercise bike when I was little. I had to get stitches and wear a cast.
- While wearing said cast, I was Bell from Beauty and the Beast for Halloween. My Dad had to carry be around from house to house since I couldn’t walk. He wasn’t happy about it. We called him the Beast.
- I can make a water droplet noise with my mouth.
- I’ve been scrapbooking since the 8th grade.
- My favorite book is Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.
- Peanut butter is amazing. I could eat it by the spoonful.
- I want a bulldog, and I want to name it Rufus.
- I also want another dog, and I want to name it Gangster. Then, when I come home and he greets me, I can say, “What up, Gangster?”
- My apartment is deemed Mustachio for Cashio because of this sticker that hangs in the entrance way.
- My dream job is to be the voice of a cartoon character.
My answers to Linda’s questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
When I made the decision to lead a healthier lifestyle, I started following a bunch of other health and fitness blogs. They really kept me motivated. I wanted to combine my passion for writing and cooking and share the love just as all the other bloggers have with me.
2. If you could run a destination race anywhere, where would you have the race?
I want to run the Walt Disney World Marathon!
3. How do you stay motivated to workout doing bad weather?
I have a bunch of amazing workout DVDs (recently I’ve been doing Shaun T’s Insanity DVDs), so I always have a good workout to do if the weather is too crummy for a run.
4. Best book you have read lately?
I’m in the middle of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I’m hooked!
5. What is your biggest accomplishment?
I ran my first-ever half marathon last year. I stuck really closely to my training and finished just over 2 hours. That felt really good.
6. Death row last meal would be?
Sushi and a huge dairy-free ice cream sundae.
7. Are you a white underwear girl or do you like them colorful?
8. What is something you can’t leave the house without?
9. Coffee or tea?
Both! Coffee in the morning. Tea in the afternoon.
10. What is your favorite post on your own blog?
That’s a tough one. I really don’t know if I have a favorite.
11. What are you looking forward to the most in 2013?
The Tri-State Tough Mudder in October!
I don’t know how many followers all of these blogs have, but these are my nominees:
My questions for all these amazing ladies:
1) What’s your favorite part about blogging?
2) What is one of your favorite things to blog about?
3) What is your favorite blog (besides one of the 11 that you’ll nominate – maybe a more well known blog)?
4) What would be your #1 tip to someone who wants to start a blog?
5) If you could take one not-good-for-you food and turn it into a superfood, what would it be?
6) What’s your favorite workout?
7) What’s one workout or sport you’ve always wanted to try?
8) What’s your favorite healthy dessert?
9) What’s your guilty pleasure (food, TV show, book, anything!)?
10) Funniest someecard you’ve seen lately.
11) What makes you happiest?
Thanks again for nominating me, Linda! And thank you all for reading! As an added bonus for reading, click on the new Fit Frosting button on the right side of my blog to get 10% off Fit Frosting gear! They have a ton of super cute stuff!