If you’ve been perusing this blog recently, you may have noticed more and more of my recipes containing something called matcha (like these Yummy Bites and this smoothie). Have you heard of the stuff? If not, well, get ready for a lesson in deliciousness!
I’d been hearing all about matcha from one of my favorite healthy food blogs: Healthy. Happy. Life. She makes matcha smoothies like it’s her job! I really wanted to try it, but, since it can be a little pricey, never took the plunge.
Ok, so what exactly is matcha? Basically, it’s green tea in powdered form. You get all the benefits of green tea, like a mild energy boost and a metabolism boost, but it has 137x the antioxidants that brewed green tea has!
This stuff can get really pricey. According to Kathy, the highest quality matcha can cost up to $50 for only 30 grams! Kiss Me Organics sells their 4 oz bag (that’s 113 grams) of 100% Organic Matcha powder on Amazon for only $25! It may not be the top top top shelf, but I like it!
I add about a teaspoon to my morning smoothie every single day. It’s such a delicious addition, gives me added nutrients and the little boost I need to kick start my day.
But the other day, I was craving a little mid-day matcha fix! So I put together some Matcha Froyo!
This tasty treat is so refreshing, plus, it’s made with Greek yogurt so it’s low fat and protein packed! Check out these nutrition facts:
130 Calories, 0g Fat, 11g Carbs, 4g Sugar, 22g Protein
How’s that for a guilt-free treat?
Check out Kiss Me Organics exclusively on Amazon and tell me, have you ever tried matcha powder? Are you a green tea fan?
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp matcha
- sweetener of choice (I used plain NuNaturals liquid stevia)
- splash of milk (type of choice)
- Mix matcha and sweetener into Greek yogurt.
- Spoon yogurt mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
- When ready, remove from freezer and allow to thaw about 10 minutes
- Place frozen yogurt cubes in a high speed blender with a splash of milk.
- Blend until creamy (adding milk a tiny bit as a time as needed to reach desired consistency).
- Spoon into bowl and enjoy!