I’d like to thank the Academy for this award. The academy of bloggers, that is!
I love Leibster Award season! Alright, you got me, it’s not an actually award season like the Oscars or the Grammy’s, but this is such a nice award in the blogosphere. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers and recognizes new blogs. Seeing as Fitful Focus isn’t yet two, I think she qualifies :). Thanks so much to Erica Finds for granting me my second Leibster! This is such a fun award as it allows you to get to know a bit about me and allows me to introduce you to more wonderful blogs!
So, what are the rules and stipulations? I believe they’ve changed a bit since last year’s Leibsters, so I’m glad you asked!
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominator.
- You must pick several bloggers to be nominated for the award.
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
- You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.
Let’s get this award show started! Here are the questions Erica posed and my answers:
2. When you feel off track with health and fitness, what is the first thing you do to start to get back on track?
I try to make myself a plan. I’m one of those people that needs one to stick to. If I head to bed not knowing what my morning workout will be, odds are I won’t get up to do it (Pillow: 1, Nicole: 0) – so I map out some workouts for the week and get my mind set on accomplishing them.
3. If money were no object, what city/town would you live in and why?
Costa Rica! It is such a beautiful country filled with everything from mountains to beaches to rain forests! There is always something active to do and the people there are the nicest I have ever met.
4. What is your biggest/toughest “reach” goal for 2014?
I already accomplished my biggest goal to date – running my first full marathon! But once my leg heals, I’m thinking of getting more into strength training and trying to really get some muscle definition. I also want to be able to do a pull-up completely unassisted! The plan is to start with p90x and eventually make my own workout regimen to share with all of you.
5. What book(s) are you reading now?
I’m reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth (the second book in the Divergent Series). Love me some post-apocolyptic thrillers where teenagers save the world.
6. Complete the following sentence: My guilty pleasures are…
Netflix and vegan ice cream! Preferably consumed at the same time.
7. What is your go-to recipe? Extra points if you link to it!
Smoothies!! I have one every day! This Strawberry Vanilla Green Smoothie is one of my favs.
8. If I looked at your receipts for the last year, what category did you spend the most on? Travel, Food, Home, Other?
Up in the air between food and travel – or food whilst traveling?
9. What was your favorite blog post you have written, if you have one? What was your most popular post?
They are actually one and the same: The Seven Myths of Marathon Training.
10. What blog should readers check out next and why?
Lindsay Weighs In
Lauren’s Glass Slipper
A Northern Girl
You Signed Up For What?!
Cat Lady Runs
A Whisk and Two Wands
Why? Because they’re amazing! Ladies, if you choose to accept your award and play along, here are my questions for you:
- What’s your favorite part about blogging?
- Who is your blogging idol (it can be someone you nominate, or someone else if they have an older, super famous blog)?
- If you could take one not-good-for-you food and turn it into a superfood, what would it be
- What’s your favorite healthy dessert?
- What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment to date?
- I workout for _____ (fill in the blank! BTW it’s a.ok to say things like “Pizza!”)
- What’s your most coveted piece of workout gear or kitchen gadget?
- What’s one workout or sport you’ve always wanted to try?
- Funniest meme you’ve seen lately.
- Who are you nominating for a Leibster?
Thanks again for nominating me, Eria! Now off to the after party!
*NOTE: Said after party consists of me watching Netflix and eating vegan ice cream, aka, the best after party ever!