If you started your board and now you’re just DYING to make a smoothie (who wouldn’t after all that smoothie porn?), allow me to introduce you to a product that will help you make a delicious smoothie in a snap: LO Fruit Beverages!
NOTE: LO provided me with samples of their product in exchange for a review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.
I was introduced to LO products at Blend Retreat when I opened up my mega swag bag and was immediately intrigued. One ten ounce serving of LO Fruit Beverage (one bottle) contains the same amount of calories (35 – 45), carbs (8 – 11 grams), and sugars (7 – 10 grams) as found in one whole fruit. Additionally, LO Fruit Beverages are certified low GI (glycemic index) products, kosher, non GMO, vegan, preservative-free and gluten-free. Yippee!
LO currently makes four flavors: Pomegranate, Acai-Blue, Pomegranate Mojito, and Mango Mojito.
My favorite is the Pomegranate, but the Acai-Blue comes in a close second. I’m not a big mojito fan (every time I get one I feel like I just get a slurp full of mint up my straw – bleh), so those two flavors weren’t really up my alley.
To be honest, I’m not a big juice drinker (which is what these remind me of), so I thought, “Why not use them to make (wait for it) SMOOTHIES!”
Enter not one but TWO delicious new recipes! First up the Acai-Blue Ice Smoothie:
Coconut water, blueberries, a hint of vanilla, plus the sweet tanginess of Acai-Blue Lo Fruit Beverage makes this one a winner!
- 10 oz coconut water
- 1 bottle Acai-Blue LO Fruit Beverage, frozen into ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Sport)
- ½ cup blueberries
- optional: extra blueberries for topping
- Ahead of time, pour one bottle of Acai-Blue LO Fruit Beverage into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- When fully frozen, place in a high speed blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into a glass, top with blueberries, and enjoy!
- 277 Calories, 0.4g Fat, 41g Carbs, 2.2g Fiber, 26.5g Protein
Oh. My. YUM! Creamy vanilla greek yogurt layered with tart LO Pomegranate and a touch of strawberry. It’s a feast in a mason jar!
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt (sub vegan yogurt to make vegan)
- 10 drops vanilla liquid stevia (I used NuNaturals)**
- 1 bottle Pomegranate LO Fruit Beverage, frozen into ice cubes
- handful frozen strawberries
- Ahead of time, pour the Pomegranate LO Fruit Beverage into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- When frozen, place in a high speed blender with handful of frozen strawberries.
- Blend until smooth.
- Mix stevia into yogurt.
- Layer yogurt then smoothie then yogurt then smoothie until serving piece is filled.
- Makes 1 MEGA parfait or 2-3 smaller parfaits.
- 199 cal, 0g fat, 26.4g carbs, 1.2g fiber, 22.6g protein
- **You can just use vanilla flavored yogurt, but the nutrition facts will change.
Now for the BEST news: LO has agreed to give not one, not two, but THREE Fitful Focus readers a sample pack of LO Fruit Beverages. Each winner will receive 4 bottles, one of each flavor! Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below! (continental USA only, sorry!)
AND (goodness there’s a lot going on!) there’s still time to enter the Energybits INSTA Giveaway. Jump on Instagram to enter!
Can’t wait for the giveaway to end to try LO Fruit Beverages? They’re also available at natural foods and specialty grocers across the U.S. such as Whole Foods, select Walgreen’s and Rite Aid stores, and online at www.LOFruitBeverage.com. Look for it in your in the Chilled Juice Aisle at your local grocery stores.
Are you a juice fan? What’s your favorite kind?
This post is shared at Plant-Based Potluck Party Link Up.