It’s no secret that I’m a smoothie lover. Smoothies, smoothies, smoothies, smoothies, smoothies, everywhere (<— that’s a parody of this song – heads up: you may want headphones on if you’re at work whilst reading this). But now that Fall is in full swing and Winter is on its way, some people choose to forgo the cold smoothie for a hot bowl of oats or toasty toast and eggs. While I will opt for the occasional warm breakfast concoction every now and again, I’m a smoothie girl all year round! Does a cold smoothie make me cold in the cold months (<— that’s a lot of colds… brrr)? Yup! But that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make for the deliciousness. Point is, I love me a smoothie, so when Puritan’s Pride reached out to me via Sweat Pink about their #SeasonalSmoothie Program, you bet I wanted to get involved. Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Puritan’s Pride; opinions expressed are my own. Before I get into what the Seasonal Smoothie Program is all about, here’s a little background on Puritan’s Pride:
Puritan’s Pride® (http://www.puritan.com) began over 40 years ago, with the mission of making the finest quality nutritional supplements available at the best value to their customers. Today, the company remains true to its original commitment and serves millions of loyal customers. Puritan’s Pride manufactures thousands of vitamins, minerals, herbs and other nutritional supplements in their state-of-the art facilities located throughout the U.S. As part of the company’s commitment to quality, Puritan’s Pride only uses ingredients from suppliers worldwide that meet their Quality Assurance Standards, as well as Good Manufacturing Practices food quality standards.
Ok, so this Seasonal Smoothie thing. It’s easy to get into a recipe rut where you’re making the same tried-and-true things over and over again. Snoozefest for the taste buds! So, for the next three months, I’ll be partnering with Puritan’s Pride to create a new smoothie recipe each month. Party for the tastebuds and smoothies all year long! Woohoo! To kick things off for October, Puritan’s Pride sent me some smoothie-tastic ingredients: Deets on the goods:
- Food Science of Vermont Superior Greens is a combination of nutrient rich vegetables, fruits, herbs, herbal extracts, Chlorella, Soy Lecithin, Royal jelly, Bee Pollen, enzymes and non-dairy probiotic cultures designed to support your body’s ability to cleanse.* – This stuff is actually slightly sweet and pretty derrrrn tasty! It actually reminds me of Skoop A-Game, which I love.
- Myology Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate is superior nourishment designed for those who want only the best in a nutritional drink. It provides all of the benefits Whey is known for and more by carefully removing more of the fat and lactose (<—woohoo lactose free!) that you don’t need while increasing the percentage of aminos as compared to regular whey concentrate. – This protein is delicious and it blends so easily! No yucky protein clumps here!
- Barney Butter Bare Almond Butter Smooth is peanut free (winning!) and made in an almond only facility! It contains no added salt or sugar with a traditional smooth and creamy texture.
- Now Foods Carob Powder is a flavorful and versatile substitute for chocolate. Use in place of cocoa powder in your favorite recipes for delicious natural chocolate flavor without the fat, caffeine or theobromine found in chocolate. – I LOVE this stuff! I used it in my smoothies (of course) and replaced cocoa in 2 dessert recipes (coming soon!). Those desserts were big hits!
In addition to all those goodies, they also sent me this: WHAT?!?! Swag much? I’m one lucky gal! I haven’t tried most of these yet but I. Am. PUMPED! Plus, it shows just how much variety of product Puritan’s Pride has! Ok, so! About that smoothie! I took all of those scrumptious October ingredients and whipped up this spooky yet delicious Midnight Pumpkin Mocha Smoothie! BOO! Did I scare you with the amazingness that is this smoothie? No? Well then how about with these bats!! Run for the hills!!! Orrrr just make this seasonal smoothie and watch some Hocus Pocus! I think Bette Middler would approve of this witchy smoothie brew. I put a spell on you… Sing it with me!
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 scoop Myology Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate
- 1 scoop Superior Greens Powder
- 1 Tbsp Carob Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp finely ground coffee
- contents of 1 bag Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Rooibos Tea
- handful of ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy and feel spooktactular!
- 445 Calories, 9g Fat, 61g Carbs, 15g Fiber, 37g Protein
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This post is linked up with Meatless Mondays.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.