Right down my block there’s a guy selling Christmas trees. He’s also selling pure Vermont maple syrup. I pass him on my way home every day and eye that syrup. “Buy me,” it says. “I’ll be yummy,” it promises. Finally, I caved and bought a pint. $15 well spent (yup – I spent $15. On syrup. #foodieproblems).
I got home and I thought, “So what am I going to make with this maple syrup.” That’s when I saw it. The package of goodies Vega just sent me. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen the amazingness:
Why all the treats? Well one, because Vega is awesome (they’re my favorite plant based protein brand). And B, because they just developed a new Vega One formula!
The new Vega One has 33% more protein, twice the greens, and still has all the whole food goodness that Vega One is known for. Just like before, it’s gluten free, soy free, vegan, and doesn’t have any added sugar, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
They sent me a few different flavors to try: Chocolate, French Vanilla, Natural, and Vanilla Chai. When I came home with the maple syrup, the Vanilla Chai was calling to me – and an idea sparked. Say hello to the love child of pure Vermont maple syrup and Vanilla Chai Vega One: No Bake Maple Almond Chai Protein Bars!
Wowza are these amazing. And they take a grand total of 5 minutes to make. No stove top or oven required.
You get your protein, you get your healthy fats, you get your greens, you get your fiber, and you satisfy your sweet tooth and your hunger all in one go. Perfection.
- 2 cups creamy almond butter
- 1 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (not scoop) Vanilla Chai Vega One Protein Powder
- 1 cup (not scoop) French Vanilla Vega One Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Place almond butter and maple syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir until combined. (It will be tough at first but should soften up as you stir.)
- Add in protein powders and stir until throughly mixed.
- Stir in oats and chia seeds.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a 13x9 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for a few hours (at least 4) or overnight.
- Cut into 16 pieces, and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated.
- 283 Calories, 18.2 Fat, 22.9 Carbs, 5.4 Fiber, 11.2 Protein
Are you a maple syrup fan? How much is too much to spend on the good stuff?
Have you ever tried Vega One?