With another month and the holiday season upon us, it’s time to take a look at our November 2016 Goals. Share yours and let’s help each other achieve awesomeness!
Welcome to another great Wild Workout Wednesday Link Up where Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama, Jen from Pretty Little Grub, Michelle at Fruition Fitness and I bring you workout ideas, motivation, inspiration and recipes to try. Join us each week by reading along, linking up and grab the button to proudly display on your blog/in your posts!
November is going to be a very big month for me. First, I’ll be running my 4th marathon. Then, I’ll be making the big move to Texas! It’s still hard for me to believe that the New York City Marathon is THIS Sunday and that a week from today, I’ll be living in a completely different state.
Needless to say, I have some pretty big goals for the month ahead.
- Get a Marathon PR – Coach Suz has been training me to PR this race, and I really think I can do it. I’ve been feeling great these last few weeks of training, nailed my goal pace during my 20-mile long run and know the adrenaline of running through my city will push me. The marathon will actually be my very last day in New York. I can’t think of a better send off than running 26.2 miles through every borough.
My A Goal is to finish in 4:10, which is a 9:30 pace.
My B Goal is simply to PR. My current PR (4:21) is from last year’s Philadelphia Marathon.
My C Goal is to finish happy and healthy. I know I am going to love every minute of this race solely because it’ll be my magnificent farewell to New York, but I also know it’s going to be emotional for me. I’m making this my C Goal in case I break down in Brooklyn… or Central Park… or just decide to stop and take some last pictures of the city.
- Recover Well – I did a pretty stellar job with recovering after my last marathon, so my goal is to mimic that experience. That means I’ll have to keep moving, fuel up right and foam roll the heck outta my legs. I also have a massage booked for Monday. #winning
- Refuel Right – After a marathon, I tend to want to eat all the things. Any marathoner has every right to eat whatever the heck they want after running so many miles, but in order to recover well, I know my body needs good carbs, fats and protein. While I will absolutely be going out for a big feast afterwards, I’d like it to still be a nutrient-dense feast… with a side of ice cream.
- Have a Healthy Holiday – I honestly have no idea what I’m doing yet for Thanksgiving. The marathon and the move have taken up all of my brainpower. All I do know is that I want it to be lovely, delicious and healthy. I’ll definitely be enjoying this Pumpkin Pie “Ice Cream.”
- Move On Out – Two days after the marathon, I’m making the big move. While I am still a bit nervous, I’m getting more and more excited each day. Will has been down there for a few weeks now, and I can’t wait to see him and start this new adventure together.
- Stay Positive – Change can be hard. I’m leaving a city I love and a job I love. Will and I are both going to be far away from our parents and siblings. It’s definitely going to be a challenge, but no matter how hard it might get, I’m going to stay positive. I really do think we’re going to love it there. While it may take some time to adjust, knowing that we’re doing it together really helps. All the support I’ve gotten from my friends, family and readers has also been incredible, so thank you all so much!
There it is. An epic November is in the works, my friends. Share your goals and latest wild workouts in the Wild Workout Wednesday Link Up, and let’s make it the best month yet!
What are your goals for the month?
This post is linked up with Monthly Goals Link Up.