Head into the holiday season with some goals in mind and you’re sure to stay healthy through the new year. Here are my November 2017 Goals.
Welcome to another great Wild Workout Wednesday Link Up where Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama and I bring you workout ideas, motivation, inspiration and recipes to try. Join us each week by reading along, linking up and grab the button to proudly display on your blog/in your posts!
Another month is upon us, and the holidays are around the corner! I’m kicking off the month with another set of goals, but first, let’s take a look back at how October went down:
OCTOBER GOALS REPORT:
Morning Workouts – Grade: A – I’ve been doing pretty well with this. Hopefully I can keep it going into November!
10,00 Steps a Day – Grade: C – I was doing OK, but then the stomach flu completely derailed me for about a week.
Stick To Training Plan – Grade: B – The stomach flu got in the way of this one a bit, too, but I was doing great before I got sick and have been doing great since recovering.
Healthier Weekends – Grade: B – I’ve been doing pretty well with this, too. I don’t eat as healthy as I do during the week, but I’ve been more conscious of being too lax.
Stay Stress Free – Grade: A – I think Will and I did pretty awesome with our move. I was nervous when I got that stomach bug just a few days before moving day, but I recovered just in time to schlep a bunch of heavy furniture to the truck and then back out of the truck and up the stairs of our new house. Yep, Will and I moved 100% on our own. We rented a truck and did all the packing and moving of things. Each night after work we’ve been tackling around-the-house chores, and we’re slowly but surely getting settled in.
Now that it’s November, I have a few repeats and a few new goals on tap:
1. 10,000 Steps a Day – Since I didn’t do so well with this goal during October, I’m bringing it back this month. I usually take Moose for a walk after work, but I’m thinking a lunch-time walk break might do us both some good, too.
2. Train for Sub 2-Hour Half Marathon – I have the Rock’n’Roll San Antonio Half coming up in December, and I’d really like to get back to my sub 2-hour pace. I don’t expect to PR, but if I can run it in 2 hours or less, I’ll be thrilled. My goal for November is to push myself a little harder in my training in order to achieve that pace.
3. Earn Some CECs – I have a little over a year left to renew my personal training certification, but I don’t want to have to scramble at the last minute to earn all the continued education credits I need to do so. My goal this month is to knock a few of those CECs out and make some progress toward that recertification.
4. Cook a Bomb Thanksgiving Dinner – Yep. This is my only nutrition goal for the month. I’ll be hosting, so I want to make sure everything is at max scrumptious level.
5. Practice Resonant Breathing – I started doing this a few weeks ago thanks to a new breathing app, but I’ve since let the app sit on my phone unused. I’d like to get back to making this part of my daily routine.
6. Stress-Free Holiday Season – The holidays tend to be a bit crazy with shopping and travel and more social events. My mission is to make it all fun and not get overwhelmed. The holidays are supposed to be joyful, after all!
Got goals? Got workouts? Share ’em in today’s Wild Workout Wednesday Link Up.
What are your goals for the month?